Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Saturday, May 21, 2016

20 Months!


Dear Family & Friends,

I hope you all had an amazing week! This week was a pretty good one
for Elder Holst and me. We had a lot of good things happen!

Tuesday was Zone Conference in Tyler, Texas! I love Tyler it's such a
good place! It's kind of the "main hub" for East Texans. The meeting
was really good. We talked a lot about our current goals and how we
are refining them so that we can shoot a more concise target. Our
mission is really doing some incredible things right now and we are so
excited to see where all of this goes!
Hopefully we see some incredible miracles in the near future! We got
quite a few new investigators this week. We taught a 9 year old named
Justice. It was a very good discussion and it ended with him
committing to baptism! The rest of his family has been baptized and so
they are all supportive of his decision. It's going to be awesome to
teach him. He is so full of life and makes us laugh all the time!
We're so excited for him!

Friday was an interesting day for a lot of reasons. Elder Holst has
been teaching Spanish people up in Mt Pleasant and Pittsburg. Well,
you can't be the person to do the baptism interview if you teach the
Investigator, so Elder Holst asked me to do the interview... The only
problem is that he only speaks Spanish! So I gave a baptism interview
to Felipe who only speaks Spanish! It was definitely an experience
I'll never forget Haha! Elder Holst was there to translate when we
weren't able to communicate well. I was able to do it and it was a lot
of fun! I really enjoy speaking Spanish! I need to learn more because
it's so much fun! After that, Elder Bair came to Gilmer with me for
the rest of the day. It was a good day with him here. We were able to
have a few lessons so we could teach together!

Saturday was awesome, because the Sisters had a baptism! The person
getting baptized was Lily Adcock. Elder Westover and I found her and
taught her the first discussion and committed her to baptism! It was
awesome to see her progress and get baptized. She asked if I would
baptize her and I was honored to! It was a great service. Sister
Howell & Sister Van Den Berghe sang "I am a Child of God" and it was
amazing! There were a lot of people there who could really feel the
spirit as they sang. I love that we are all children of a loving
Heavenly Father. He truly is our Father and loves and cares about us.
Sunday was Ward Conference and it was a good Sabbath Day! I love
Sundays! I love taking the Sacrament and feeling closer to Jesus as I
do. We also had a small miracle that night! A member referred us to
someone who needed a blessing. Well, she didn't know EXACTLY where she
lived so she told us the general direction. We got there and just
began knocking on doors asking people if they know who she is and
where she lives. We went and knocked on one door and the guy said, "Oh
hey... That's my daughter!" And he sent us to where she lives! How
ironic we knocked on her father's door looking for her. We went to her
home and gave her a blessing. Afterward, we were able to teach her
husband and invite him to take the missionary discussions! It was a
very fulfilling night!

Well, tomorrow marks 20 months since I left on my mission! It also
marks Brianna's 20th birthday! Happy Birthday Brianna! Holy moly! I've
been a missionary for 20 whole months. It's crazy to think I've been a
missionary that long. I'm so grateful for all of the experiences I've
had and for how much I've grown. It's been truly incredible! We are
still waiting to hear about transfers... I'm stressed about it, but I
know whatever happens is right! If I get transferred then I will miss
Gilmer so much! I'm so glad I've gotten to serve here! It's been so
much fun and the time I've spent here has flown by!

I hope you all know how much I love you! I can't express in words how
grateful I am for each and every one of you. I apologize to the people
I wasn't able to personally respond to. This day has been pretty
stressful! Just know that I care about all of you. You always make my
days better! You're such a blessing in my life! Keep trucking along
and I will too!

Elder Joshua Needles








No comments:

Post a Comment