Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mother's Day


Dear Family & Friends,


It's another day here in good old Gilmer Texas. I'm happy to be able
to write y'all about my week! It's always so much fun! I had a pretty
darn good week! Can't complain too much especially because I was able
to Skype my family on Mother's Day! I love my family so much. I was
able to meet Keaton (my nephew) over Skype which made me so happy.
It's crazy that it's over. That was the very last time I Skype home
before I'm ACTUALLY home! My mission is flying by and it's only gotten
faster and faster! It was my companion's last time to Skype home as
well before he goes home so we were able to relate about how weird it
is and how close to the end we are.



Tuesday we had a meeting with the Stake President. For this meeting,
we have to make a report with our whole zone and present it at the
meeting. It takes hours and hours on the phone and at a computer
trying to get it done in time! By the end of it, I was so ready to be
done. We were very relieved to have the meeting and finish the report.
Our Stake President was pleased with the report and was very happy
with Elder Holst and me. We increased our average number of lessons
taught a week a lot! We went from 22 to 33! It was awesome and we are
so blessed to be in an area where it's possible to teach so much!



The next day, we were able to go to Dallas for Mission Leadership
Council! I love Dallas and am always happy when we get to go. Brother
Spencer (our Assistant Ward Mission Leader) drove us again so we were
super grateful for that. The meeting was great! Elder Holst and I had
a little scare though. We have a recent convert who has really been
struggling. During the meeting she sent us some texts that scared us a
lot. We had to leave and call so many people. It was very scary. By
the end of it, Elder Holst, Elder Bunker, and I got on our knees and
prayed for her. We all just started crying as we prayed hoping that
God would intervene and help her. We just love her and her family so
much and were very concerned for her emotional state. Everything
turned out okay which was a HUGE relief to us. After the meeting, we
stopped to get some food at In-N-Out Burger. It was nice to eat
somewhere we don't typically get to in Gilmer.



The next day we taught a lot of lessons! We were running all day long
trying to teach all of the people we hadn't seen in a while. We were
able to set 3 baptism dates in the Sisters' area and 1 baptism date in
ours! We were happy to have such a successful day. The next day we
went on exchanges with the Mt Pleasant Elders which meant I served
with Elder Thomas for the day! It was a really good day! Elder Holst
and I realized that night that we were supposed to be giving a
training the next day for all of the Ward Mission Leaders and Ward
Missionaries in the Stake the next day and we hadn't even thought
about it! Being on a Mission, you tend to learn how to last minute
pull something together and still make it look good. We traveled to Mt
Pleasant the next day for the Ward Missionary MTC and gave our
training! It turned out pretty well so we were happy. Afterward,
Brother Pilcher, Wendy, Brother Jones, and Brother Spencer took us to
a "Tex-Mex" Restaurant. It was a lot of fun! Elder Holst and I were
hyped up for some reason so we were laughing and talking the whole
time. Our Ward Mission Leader and Ward Missionaries are just amazing.
We truly love them so much and it was a ton of fun to be with them!



Not a ton happened this week, but I'm very grateful still to be
serving here and serving a Mission.  The teacher for our Gospel
Principles class on Sunday didn't show up so I ended up teaching the
lesson. It was awesome. I loved teaching. That was last minute as well
Haha. Today we got a text from the Recent Convert who has been
struggling and she said that the lesson helped her so much and that
she just wants to read from the Book of Mormon every day and fill
herself with light and truth. It made me so happy! I love my mission
so much. I love all of the blessings God has sent my way and all of
the amazing people I've met. I can't wait to see you all again in 19
short weeks. Transfers are next week so pray that I stay! Haha! I hope
you all have an amazing week. Shout out to Kara Larsen who has a
birthday this week. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Also, I got my little sister's
graduation invitation in the mail this week. MEGAN YOU ARE TOO YOUNG
TO GRADUATE. ;)



I love you all. Joshua 1:9




Elder Joshua Needles







No comments:

Post a Comment