Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, May 23, 2016

Gilmer Again!

Dear Family and Friends,

How is everyone doing? I love and miss you all so much! You all mean
so much to me and I'm so grateful to have each of you in my life. I
hope you all had an amazing week! This week was pretty great for me!
Transfer calls FINALLY happened! It's never taken this long on my
mission to do transfer calls so I was so anxious! But Tuesday morning
we got a call. When Elder Lindsay called I was almost certain I was
getting transferred, but surprisingly he told me I was staying in
Gilmer and Elder Holst was being transferred to Mt Pleasant! We were
shocked! Nobody expected that to happen. My new companion is Elder
Alkonis and we are the Zone Leaders here in Gilmer. Elder Alkonis is
from Claremont California (Los Angeles). He goes home at the end of
this transfer! It's a lot of fun being his companion. We get along
great and have lots of fun!

Tuesday was a loooong day getting everyone transferred. We drove to Mt
Pleasant in the morning and picked up those elders to take them to
Sulphur Springs so Elder Thomas could go with his new companion. We
then drove back to Gilmer for Elder Holst so he could pack. Then we
drove back to Mt Pleasant to put Elder Holst's stuff there. Then we
drove BACK to Sulphur Springs to meet Elder Alkonis and pick him up.
There is a Panda Express in Sulphur Springs so we ate there which made
my day. Then we drove back to Mt Pleasant to drop those Elders off,
then FINALLY back to Gilmer! It was a lot of driving. I was in a car
for a long time that morning. Thanks night was awesome! We were able
to teach a new investigator named Jan! She is the next door neighbor
to the Ibarra Family! She is so awesome! We taught her the Restoration
and she committed to baptism on June 25th! I get so excited every time
we teach her! She is just in the perfect situation to hear the Gospel
and we're very excited to watch her progress and learn and grow.

This week we were able to teach Aber again which made me super happy!
Aber is one of my favorite converts I've had on my mission. She is
doing really well and we've now done 4 out of the 5 new member
discussions with her. We committed her to go to the Temple this
Saturday and she's going to go! We actually get to go with so I'm
really excited! It's also two days before my birthday so it'll be a
nice little thing to do around my birthday. Aber also gave us her
graduation announcement and invited us to go. I don't know if we'll be
able to, but it would be awesome especially because my little sister
is graduating too and I won't be able to go to her graduation. Later
that night we taught Justice who is also doing well. He is set for his
baptism on June 11th! The next day we also committed Christa to go
with us to the Temple as well! I'm so excited for that.

Saturday was an interesting day, because we ended up doing a lot of
unexpected service. We went over to Wendy's house and her Aunt Mary
wanted help getting a pool put up. We had to get rid of all the grass
roots though, so we got some hoes and started digging up the earth! It
was hard work and it also was really hot outside. By the end of it, I
had blisters on my hands! We then ended up mowing the Stephen's lawn
which took awhile. That night we taught Brandon the 3rd new member
discussion. Brandon is so awesome. He reads the Book of Mormon every
day and has such a good heart. He always has the right desires and he
truly inspires a lot of people without even knowing it!

I'm so glad I get to be here in Gilmer another transfer. We were able
to teach 30 lessons this week and I love it! I'm having so much fun
being a missionary and teaching people the restored gospel. I love
Jesus Christ and I know He's real. He loves us and He did die for us
so we can find joy. So we can repent. So we can have help. And hope. I
love Him!

I hope you all have an amazing week! Thank you for always making me
happier. I'm so blessed to have each of you in some aspect of my life.

Sincerely,
Elder Joshua Needles













No comments:

Post a Comment