Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, April 18, 2016

Trust in the Lord With All Thine Heart


Dear Family & Friends,

Wow. I love each of you more than you know. Seriously. I miss you all
so much! I hope your lives are so great! I hope and pray that God is
blessing each one of you with so much! You all have blessed my life so
much I can't even begin to explain it!

This week was really good! It was the first week of the new transfer,
and it went pretty darn well! We were able to teach like crazy! We
taught 29 lessons, so essentially we were running all week long! I
LOVE it! We also currently have 15 baptism dates, so we need to be
going fast in order to help all of these people! Monday was a sad day
for me and for Gilmer! Nobody wanted Elder Westover to get
transferred! We went to say goodbye to some people that Elder Westover
had grown particularly close to while he was in Gilmer. It was
definitely very sad! I LOVED having Elder Westover as a companion.
After he left I realized how much I genuinely appreciated my time
serving with him. He taught me so much and helped me grow even though
I'm prideful and stubborn sometimes, haha. The next morning he was all
packed up and ready to go. The Mt Pleasant Elders came down to Gilmer
that morning to carpool with us to Dallas. Brother Tucker took us!
Well, we had a little more bags than we expected and ended up playing
tetris all morning with the luggage, lol! We got there, though, and I
was able to see Elder Casper in Dallas! Elder Casper is one of my best
friends IN THE ENTIRE WORLD and we hadn't seen each other since
October of last year! It was so cool to see him and briefly talk about
life! I was hoping to see Elder Hansen too, but he had already left by
the time I got there. /: Well, I found Elder Holst and we were on our
way back to Gilmer!

That night we were able to eat with Wendy and Little John (two recent
converts in Gilmer). Well, Elder Holst and I ended up being super
clumsy, haha. Elder Holst spilled ice all over the table and I
attempted to open the crackers which went all over the floor when I
did! Wendy and Little John thought it was hilarious so it brightened
our day. We then went and had our monthly meeting with the Stake
President! It was such an amazing meeting! The Gilmer Stake is so
amazing with the missionary work happening! They genuinely have a
desire to just help people come unto Jesus! I love it!

Thursday we were able to drive back into Dallas for Mission Leadership
Council! It was a lot of fun to be in the mission home again. I love
it there. President and Sister Taylor are truly remarkable people.
They inspire and lift me every time I talk to them. We had some great
discussions at the meeting and also some really good tasting food! :)
The next day a Hispanic member had us over to teach us how to make
guacamole! It was awesome and some really good tasting guacamole. Her
daughter (Ariell) has a baptism date, so we were able to teach her as
well. She is 11 years old, so she's a bit nervous for it. She loves to
dance though, so I showed her some pictures of my sisters dancing. She
asked if they had been baptized and I said yes! Her face lit up a
little more and got more excited about her baptism!

Saturday was a great day! It was Elder Holst's birthday! On top of
that, Meagan Pruett got baptized! It was so great! Meagan is hilarious
and has such a bright attitude about her! I was honored to be able to
baptize her. Elder Westover also got to Skype in to see the baptism
which made me super happy! The next day, Meagan was confirmed and was
able to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. She was just so happy! We
were happy for her as well. I was able to bear my testimony in church
that Sunday. I talked about Aber and Meagan and how far they have
come. My testimony in the Savior has grown so much watching them
change and become better!

Later that day, Sister Howell and Sister Van Den Berghe had a baptism
in the 3rd Ward. The girl's name is Livia, and she's nine years old. I
met her on Easter this year, and she decided that she would like me to
baptize her! I was so honored to do that as well! It was a great
baptismal service and I know that her life is being blessed because of
the covenant she has made! We went to the Auld's that night. I love
the Auld Family. Their youngest daughter, Aly, ended up in the
hospital so we went over to give a blessing and teach a new member
lesson with Brother Yates. Well, on the way out I sort of accidentally
drove our car into a ditch. It was a small ditch, but it was big
enough to get us stuck! It's the closest thing to a car accident I've
ever been in, haha! Luckily the car had little to no damage and we
were perfectly fine! Hermano Ibarra came and pulled us out with his
truck. We were super grateful for him! I felt like an idiot, but the
Auld's said that so many people have gotten stuck in that ditch! It's
really hard to see at night and apparently it catches a lot of people!

Well, like I said, my testimony has been growing so much lately. I
love my mission. I love Jesus and all that He does for me. It's
because of Him I'm able to be away from all of you and still find
happiness. I've really had to learn to trust in the Lord with all my
heart. As I have done it, He has truly directed my paths. Thank you
for everything. I love each of you dearly.

Have an incredible week.

Elder Joshua Needles






No comments:

Post a Comment