Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, November 9, 2015

A "Flood" of Blessings!



HAPPY P-DAY MY AMAZING FAMILY & FRIENDS!
I hope you all have had an amazing week! I miss you all so much and
really hope you know that... Every single one of you! I'm so blessed
with so many amazing people in my life. I'm very grateful to God for
that!
This week was one for the books. We had so much success and so many
blessings from the Lord. As a district, we set a goal of getting three
new baptism dates per companionship this week. Elder Hansen and I
really wanted to reach this goal this week. Every night I would pray
with a much faith as I could muster that we could find three people
that the Lord has prepared to receive the message of the restoration
of the gospel of Jesus Christ this week. This definitely was a
testimony builder in that if you pray in faith and ask, if it be
according to God's will, He will grant unto you your righteous
desires. The Lord blessed us with THREE people to set baptism dates
with and EIGHT new investigators this week! We are so blessed! It was
amazing to see these prayers answered according to our faith!
D&C 103:36
36 All victory and glory is brought to pass unto you through your
diligence, faithfulness, and prayers of faith
I'm so excited for Thanksgiving & Christmas coming up. It seriously is
the most wonderful time of the year (in my opinion). I just love that
this time of the year is all about being grateful and also about Jesus
Christ and family. It brings me so much joy! So dang excited!
On Saturday night something crazy happened. I was exhausted from the
day so I fell asleep so fast and stayed asleep. Around 5 in the
morning I was woken up by Elder Hansen... He said "Elder Needles, I'm
sorry to wake you up, but we've got a bit of a situation to deal with
right now.". I walked out of my room and realized I was standing in
water! Our apartment had flooded!! One of the new Spanish elders
living in our apartment had used the bathroom and didn't remember to
do this "special thing" you have to do with the toilet so it won't
overflow. Well, it did... And it did ALL NIGHT LONG. It was literally
throughout the WHOLE Apartment. And it was about half an inch deep. It
was awful! Luckily, none of my stuff got ruined, but we had a long day
of people coming in to get rid of the water and replace the carpets.
Not the most exciting thing to wake up to, that's for sure.
This week we had follow up training. This is when all of the trainers
and new missionaries meet and assess their first three weeks in the
mission. It was a great meeting! All of the trainers are just AMAZING
Missionaries and it's so fun to be around a bunch of new missionaries.
They have such a fun spirit about them. It was a fun meeting to be at
and was definitely a different experience being the "trainer" at the
meeting and not the "trainee."
District Meeting was great this week! I had Elder Hansen train on
humility and he did such a great job! I trained on faith. I learned a
lot from studying for this training! After the meeting, we all went as
a district to Subway and got sandwiches because it was national
sandwich day and it was buy one get one free at Subway! It was
awesome! We really are bonding as a district and I'm sad this transfer
is already almost over! We only have one more district meeting this
transfer! It definitely has gone by fast!
Elder Langford & Elder Hafen went to east Texas for interviews this
week which meant we got the car for three days!! Oh how happy we
were!! Elder Langford goes home in two weeks and we are sad he's
leaving. We have so many good memories, but we all go home eventually!
I do in about 44 weeks! Time's going to fly by!
I love you all and hope you have an incredible week! Remember me, but
more importantly, remember Christ!
Love you all!
Your Friend,
Elder Joshua Needles

No comments:

Post a Comment