Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, November 2, 2015

HaPpY HaLlOwEeN!

My friends & family, holy moly how was your Halloween? I love and miss
you all so much! It's been yet another week in the Texas Dallas
Mission and I still haven't died from exhaustion believe it or not. (;
Elder Hansen and I had a good week this week! Lots happened, because
(of course) it was a HOLIDAY I LOVE HOLIDAYS SO MUCH. On Monday, we
played volleyball with the rest of the zone in the Richardson Texas
Stake. It was a lot of fun! Get a group of missionaries together to
play some games/sports & it's almost always a blast. Tuesday was
District Meeting which was so much fun! (A lot of planning for it
though lol). We all wore costumes and voted on who's was the best.
Sister Greenall won. She was dressed up as Sister Taylor (Our Mission
President's wife). She even had the name tag and everything! It was
awesome! Elder Hansen was a close second though, sporting an apron,
hat, whisk, and strainer. It was fun to have everyone dress up. I then
trained on becoming one with the Savior, and also becoming one with
the members. We played a few games in between and gave out prizes as
well. What a fun morning. (: This week, we helped the Wilsons move
out. ): It was a sad day for so many people! But, on the bright side,
we got five new Ward missionaries so that'll be AWESOME! We also had
the Ward "Trunk or Treat" this week! It was a blast. We combined with
the Richardson 2nd Ward. (Which has Sister Weichers & Sister Greenall
in it). IT WAS A CHILI COOK OFF! Oh I was so happy. Chili for days yo.
Chili is probably my favorite dinner (especially for the memories
associated with it). The Rand Family, who moved out a while ago, came
to visit. It was so great to see them. There was music, games, food,
candy, Halloween costumes.... So much fun! We joined the Sisters in
having a "missionary trunk." We handed out candy & pass along cards
for everyone. It was fun to see everyone. We obviously couldn't really
wear a costume, so we just put on our glow in the dark glasses and
called it a costume, lol. Everyone liked it though so I guess it was a
success! Halloween day and night was BOMB this week. We spent it well.
:) We had some chik fil a for lunch thanks to Elder Hansen's mom WHO
IS SO GREAT FOR SENDING ME A GIFT CARD THERE THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU
ARE READING THIS. We then did some service for this really old couple
who I just LOVE. They are so funny. We helped them move out of there
apartment. Brother Kraus came with and Sister Morales met us there to
help. Serving is good for the soul. Remember that. :) We then had
pizza for dinner and went to the stake center for the night. You can't
proselyte on Halloween night, so we all (as missionaries in the
Richardson Stake) met at the stake center to have sort of a Halloween
party. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. We played some games that were a blast and
I got a little too into them and screamed a little too much (my voice
hurt by the end of he night). We then played ultimate frisbee which
was so fun! We first did Senior Companions verses Junior Companions.
We (senior companions) won by a landslide so we mixed the teams up
into four. We unfortunately got last place when we mixed the teams up,
but that's okay haha. It was still a lot of fun! Sunday was a great
day as well. We ate pancakes at the Reid Family's home after church.
They are such a kind & Christ-like family. We went to the
Spitzenbergers for dinner and I love that family so much. They fed us
chili and I was beyond happy lol. They are so down to earth and
understanding. They just get you to open up to them and give the best
advice. They are definitely a family I want to stay in touch with
after my mission. That night, we went to the Maseh Family's home to
give them the Sacrament. It was so spiritual! They sing and pray so
much and have the most faith out of anyone I've met on my mission. I
think we said a total of 14 prayers that visit. They just love God and
Jesus Christ so much. I want to have faith like theirs. I am so dang
excited for Christmas. Everybody listen to "Mary Did You Know" by
Pentatonix. Gives me chills every time! I love Christmas and the
Holidays. I just love that it's all about Christ. He lives, everybody.
I hope you all had the best Halloween. Please remember me, but most
importantly remember Christ! Love you all!

D&C 50:44
44 Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd, and the
stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall.

Have an amazing week!

A Texas Dallas Missionary,
Elder Joshua Needles

No comments:

Post a Comment