Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, November 16, 2015

How Many? Fourteen Months!

Dearest Family & friends,

I love and miss you all so much! This week was a really good one. The
Lord has truly blessed us with so much this transfer! Fills me with
joy.
On Tuesday this last week, we had a big meeting called Zone
Conference! It was such a great meeting! Got to see a lot of
missionaries (including Elder McAllister from Meridian Idaho) and we
got to hear a lot of great messages. Especially from President Taylor!
He is so close to the spirit and is so knowledgeable in the gospel! I
have the best Mission President!
That night the sisters were on exchanges, and one of the sisters
needed a blessing so they called me to give her one. Unfortunately, I
had ANOTHER flat tire so we didn't have a bike, but we still wanted to
give the blessing. So we had them go to one of our members homes while
Elder Hansen and I RAN down Preston Road and Belt Line Road. Literally
ran! It was such a fun memory that I'll remember for the rest of my
life. We were running as fast as we could in the cold weather next to
a busy road and all I was saying in my head was "WE HAVE TO GIVE THIS
SISTER A BLESSING!" When we got there, I was privileged with giving
the blessing. The spirit literally took over. It was a very powerful
blessing to this amazing and faithful sister missionary. So happy I
was blessed to experience that!
We had a lot of members go out with us this week which was AWESOME!
Members are key to missionary work. Brother Wood (our new Assistant
Ward Mission Leader) went out with us this week and it was a lot of
fun! He's such a cool guy and we're so glad we get to work with him
more closely now that he is the Assistant Ward Mission Leader.
As a District Leader, one of the things you are tasked with is to go
on exchanges with the Elders in your district. I did that this week
and it was awesome! Thursday night, we traveled to the Garland 3
Elders area (Elder Ahmad and Elder Thomas). Elder Hansen switched with
Elder Ahmad, which meant I got to serve with Elder Ahmad for a day
this week! Elder Ahmad's very inspiring, because he is the FIRST EVER
missionary from Syria. Ever! So awesome! I took him to the Maseh's
home (the family from Pakistan) and they were OVER THE MOON happy to
meet someone from their side of the world. It was a cool experience to
see them all connect and talk about their homes. Needless to say, it
was an unforgettable experience serving with Elder Ahmad!
On Saturday, we got to do some community service with the Dallas 4th
Ward! We got to plant Tulip Bulbs with them along this trail that
often has runners and bikers. The Tulips will bloom in the spring
which means I probably won't get to see them, BUT it doesn't matter
because it was a fun experience to do service with the ward members.
Definitely got some mud on me, but enjoyed every second!
Sunday was very special for me, because we had FIVE investigators come
to church and TWELVE people attend that we are working with! What an
amazing turn out! There were so many people there that I didn't even
have time to talk to them all. Luckily, the Ward is so great at
befriending people that I didn't have to worry.
Well guess what. I have now been on my mission for 14 whole months! I
can't believe it. I'm shocked I've been a missionary for that long.
Elder Hansen and I often watch "The District" for the extra hour of
study time we get because Elder Hansen is a new missionary. I just get
so excited to do missionary work as I watch it! I love being a
missionary! It's the best! Elder Hansen sometimes looks at me like I'm
crazy when I get so excited about things. I just smile because I know
he'll get to the point where he loves it so much that he goes crazy
about it too and gets excited about the little things. Sharing the
gospel is the best experience ever! I love it and I'm grateful that I
get the incredible opportunity to do it.
Please have an amazing week and know that you are always in my
prayers. I truly love you all.

Your Crazy Weird Missionary Friend,
Elder Joshua Needles




No comments:

Post a Comment