Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, October 26, 2015

Longer walks and colder weather

Hello Family & Friends! I love you all so much. I sure hope you all
know that. I pray for you all and hope that you are noticing God's
hand in your life. He's real! He loves you! (So do I). This week was
great! I'm LOVING the colder weather in Texas. It's been cold enough
to wear jackets and sweaters! It makes me so happy, especially because
I spent the summer on bike and the change has felt AMAZING! The
weather has been sort of crazy, though. It has rained like crazy!
Elder Hansen and I got soaked from head to toe on multiple occasions.
We even had one of those "movie moments" when a car drives by really
fast and runs through a puddle and splashes us all over. Yep, that was
us this week.Clapping hands sign🏼 Other than that, though, (like I said before) I'm
loving the weather. So unfortunately, I got ANOTHER FLAT TIRE THIS
WEEK OH MY GOODNESS I HATE THEM SO MUCH. So we spent a lot of time
walking to appointments this week. Which actually wasn't that bad
because I enjoy walking.Smiling face (black and white)️ Marlon was confirmed on Sunday. We were so
happy. The Ward was overjoyed as well. We had to drop Cooper this week
because we can't get in contact with him. I was so sad, but it happens
on a mission. This week I had my second district meeting and it was a
lot of fun. We wrote on a board all the things we love about each
other, haha. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. I talked about light and
truth for most of the district meeting, and I had the sisters train on
diligence and obedience. It was INCREDIBLE! I'm so excited for the
holidays. I love them so much! Halloween should be a blast this week!
The Ward party is this week and I'm so excited! It's also so fun to be
in President and Sister Taylor's Ward. We get to see them so often and
my love for them has grown so much! They are such incredible people!
This week I had Vietnamese Food. It was pretty good! Not bad at all.
Last week for P-Day we went to Top Golf! Two things I learned: 1. It's
pretty fun! 2. I'm pretty awful at it! Lol. It was a lot of fun though
and it was probably a really fun first P-Day for Elder Hansen! We now
have two Spanish missionaries living with us for a while. They are
transitioning in to their new place to live. So our apartment is
pretty chaotic. I still love Elder Langford & Elder Hafen! They're so
awesome and we have a lot of fun living together. My "mission son" and
I took a picture with glasses and a mustache this week. Similar to the
picture my "mission dad" and I took. I'll include the pictures at the
end of the email! Can you tell we're "mission related?" Lol. The
Wilsons move this week. I love them so much and will miss them a ton!
They're off to new adventures though! I'm just glad I met them! I love
you all so much! I hope you have an AMAZING week!

John 15:9-11
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I
have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in
you, and that your joy might be full.

Your Excited (Mostly for the Holidays) Missionary,
Elder Joshua Needles

P.S. Shout out to Bryan Ralphs for having his mission farewell
yesterday! I heard it was AMAZING! He'll be such a good missionary.
Watch out, Columbia, Elder Ralphs is coming to give you some heaven!










No comments:

Post a Comment