Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Goodbye Dallas 4!

Good Morning my wonderful family & friends! I hope you've had an
AMAZING week! I miss you all so much. I probably say that in every
email but it's because it's true!
So this morning I got the sad news that I am being transferred! I'm so
sad to leave the Dallas 4th Ward. I've loved serving here so much.
I've met so many amazing people and made so many good memories. I
can't believe I'm already going into my Fourth area on my mission! I'm
excited to see where I end up. I'm just grateful to know that wherever
I end up is where the Lord wants me. I find a lot of comfort in that!
I'll miss Elder Hansen, my "Mission Son!" ;) He'll do great taking
over the area though.
This week was a good week! On Wednesday for District Meeting, I
planned a fun thing for Elder Langford because he is going home in two
days! We made a poster for him with pictures of all of us holding a
sign that says "God Be With You, Elder Langford." We had Root Beer
Floats too! It was a great district meeting and we'll all miss Elder
Langford so much! He's such an amazing example of what a good person
and missionary should be! I'm grateful to have gotten to know him in
the last 4 1/2 months.
On Monday, we went with one of my FAVORITE members ever to Torchy's
Tacos. I LOVE Torchy's. It's so good and a lot of fun. We always have
fun with Brother Parker! I'm so grateful he was here in this area. He
helped me keep my sanity the whole time ;)
We went on exchanges AGAIN this week! This time, I went to a Spanish
Area with Elder Riggs. It was a great exchange! Mostly because I love
speaking Spanish and it was so fun to speak it with other people even
though I can hardly even do it. I still enjoyed it though! We taught a
lot of lessons and had a lot of fun.
On Sunday, the Ward Choir got up to sing during Sacrament Meeting.
They were singing "I know that my Redeemer Lives." When they started,
there was an older man in our ward singing in the top right corner of
the choir who lost his strength and was falling over. It was so scary!
A member of the ward ran up to help him from falling. Luckily he
didn't fall. They got him sat down and when he sat he opened his sheet
music and started singing "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" with as much
strength and faith as he could muster up. I was very moved. I felt the
spirit from his testimony of Christ. I was just so grateful to have
seen that happen. It made me think of my life and how sometimes it
gets really difficult and we are about to fall over, but as we put our
faith in Christ we won't fall. He will help us through our trials. It
is such a blessing to know that's true.
I just looked around the Dallas 4th Ward this week with so much joy
and love in my heart. This place is and forever will be very dear to
me.
Well, I'm still a missionary believe it or not. I still don't know
where I'll be for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm still serving with
all my heart. And I still know that my Redeemer Lives.
God be with you, Dallas 4th Ward. New adventures await!
Love all of you family and friends. Have the happiest Thanksgiving.
Make sure to watch the new video the Church is releasing on November
29! Aaaaagh HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Your Friend,
Elder Joshua Needles




2 comments: