Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

13 Months/Missions are Great!

Hello my dear family and friends! I love the snot out of you all. Seriously. I hope you all know that. This week had to have been one of THE MOST eventful weeks of my mission. So much happened. So, as you all know I stayed in my area another transfer. So I'm still serving in the Dallas 4th Ward. (Which I love. I love the people here so dang much. What incredible, inspiring, and amazing people) I was so sad that Elder Casper got transferred (I flipping love that guy) but I was excited to see what's happening next on this journey. At the transfer meeting (which by the way I'm a nervous wreck at like always) they pulled up my zone and my jaw dropped! I was so shocked to see my picture alone up there (which meant I would be training a new missionary this transfer) AND to see that I was now called to be the District Leader. So I had meetings half of the day BEFORE I got my new companion. Cool story about my new companion. We get an email every transfer with pictures and names of all the new missionaries coming in. Elder Casper thought I'd be training so he pulled them up and asked "If you could guess, who would be your new companion if you trained this transfer?" I looked and pointed to Elder Hansen from Meridian, Idaho... Turns out I WAS RIGHT. Elder Hansen is my new companion! I love him to death! He's now been in the field 7 days and is a great guy. We lived A MILE away from each other. He went to Meridian High School though, so we didn't actually know each other before the mission. But we know a lot of the same people! I wanted to help him have a good and fun first week of the mission. Unfortunately, we got TWO flat tires on our bikes this week. That was awful! I never want to get a flat tire again! We got it taken care of, though, and had an good hard working week. I had my first district meeting this week and it went well. The district has changed a lot from last transfer, but I already love EVERYONE in our district. It'll be a rockin' transfer. ;) Yesterday was a very special day, because Marlon was baptized! It was one of THE BEST baptisms I've been to on my mission. We had so many people there supporting Marlon! Elder Casper even got to come back to the area for it! The Wilsons helped out a lot with everything and I'm so incredibly sad they're moving to Utah. We will miss them so much! They fed us dinner after the baptism and all I could think about was just how blessed I am to be surrounded by such amazing people. The Lord has blessed my life so much. I just hope he is blessing all of your lives as well. I pray for that every day. You all are a huge reason my life is so great. I have so much to thank God for! I hit my 13 month mark this week. Holy Moly where has the time gone? I can't believe it's been 13 months. Only 11 more to go. I have to make it count. I love you all more than you know. My joy is full!

Romans 15:13
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

 Have an amazing week! Remember - Miracles Happen. Have Faith and be believing! 

Your Exhausted but Happy Missionary,
Elder Joshua Needles














1 comment:

  1. As his companions mother, I wish I could just reach out and give him a big hug of thanks. He is probably grateful that I can not do this :) Instead I will just thank our Father in Heaven for him every night.
    So grateful to him for loving my son! Raquel

    ReplyDelete