Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Transfer Week

Hello everyone! I hope you all have had an amazing week! I miss you
all more than you know. Tomorrow is transfers... Here is the news: I'm
staying in Dallas 4 another transfer and my companion (Elder Casper)
is leaving. I'm so sad he's leaving! We had such a fun two transfers
together! I'm gonna miss being companions with him. But we knew it was
coming. Missions change so dang fast! I guess it makes it go by
faster, though. I'm excited because today is the first day of my 10th
transfer in the mission! 10 TRANSFERS PEOPLE! Can you believe it? I'm
in the double digits for transfers. It's so crazy.
This week was a good one. I'm finally over my sickness and feeling a
lot better! I'm so happy I'm not sick anymore. Being a sick missionary
is NOT fun at all. So I'm glad I'm better. We had interviews with
President Taylor this week. It was a good (and long) meeting. Elder
Casper and I were asked to do a training at the meeting.... The
morning of! We had NO time to prepare, but we did it and it turned out
really well. We trained on the focus 20 in our area and how we have
worked with the Ward Council these past two transfers. My interview
with President was great. I love President Taylor. I know he's
supposed to be my mission president. God is so great!
We ate dinner at the Wilson's this week. Brother Wilson is our current
Ward mission leader. But they are moving! We are so sad! They've been
such a blessing to us while we've served here. So many changes are
happening. The Bishopric just got changed, our Ward mission leader is
moving, and Elder Casper is being transferred! I'm definitely not one
for change so it's probably good for me to experience a lot of it.
We met with Riaz Maseh this week. (He's the member from Pakistan).
He's been really sick this week so we had the opportunity to give him
a blessing. That man has so much faith, let me tell you. He has
unshakeable faith in Jesus Christ. It astonishes me. As we gave the
blessing, I could literally feel the faith he has flowing through us.
It was a very memorable blessing.
We had district meeting this week and it was sort of a mini party for
Elder Bush and Sister Tupou, because they are going home on Wednesday!
We had pizza and root beer/cream soda. It was so much fun. I really
have grown to love my district these last two transfers! We are a
family while we are away from our actual families! I hope that Sister
Tupou has a blast going back to Tonga and that Elder Bush has a
rockin' time in Brigham City, Utah. They will be missed!
I'm nervous for the transfer meeting tomorrow. I'm always nervous so
it's nothing new, but I'm very excited to see what happens. I know
whatever does happen, though, is what the Lord wants. I'm grateful to
know that. It gives me comfort and peace in knowing that He is mindful
of me and that what happens is for the best and for my own good. I
love God. I love Christ! I'll never forsake them. They are my strength
and my song.

Moroni 7:41
And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye
shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his
resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your
faith in him according to the promise.

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

Elder Joshua Needles


No comments:

Post a Comment