Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Conference and the Flu

My Family and Friends! Hello! I hope you all had a great week and I
hope you all are noticing God's hand in your life every day! I promise
He is involved in your life! Oh, how I miss you all. This week was one
I'll never forget, that's for sure. On Tuesday, we went to this really
old couple. They used to be very active members of the LDS church, but
because of age and inability to attend church, they aren't active. We
went to visit and it was so hilarious. The husband of the family has
dementia and often times forgets what he's doing and repeats things
over and over again. He answered the door with no pants on, and his
wife kept telling him to put his pants on, but he kept forgetting to.
Eventually he got them on though hahaha. We sang "Lord, I Would Follow
Thee" and they just loved it so much. I'm sure they would have loved
it even if we sounded awful, though. They were just happy to have
visitors and have people sing for them. We had a couple members come
with us too (Sister Morales and Brother Ryan) and it was a really good
visit. Old people are so funny and have such a spirit about them like
none other. Marlon's baptism interview was this week! We're so excited
for him to be baptized. Unfortunately, he had to push his date back to
the 17th which is AFTER transfers. :( so there is a good chance Elder
Casper or I won't be here in this area for it. Hopefully if one of us
gets transferred, though, that we'll be able to get permission to come
back for the baptism. Crossing my fingers we both stay together
another transfer, though! They are NEXT WEEK ALREADY. I can't believe
I've been missionary companions with Elder Casper for 3 months! It has
really flown by and I've loved every second of it. This weekend was
General Conference for the LDS Church. It was a good conference this
October. I enjoyed listening to quite a few of the talks given. I
loved Elder Holland's tribute to mothers. Made me really miss my mom,
though! Haha! I love my mom so much. She's one of the best people on
this planet. I also really enjoyed Elder Christofferson's talk. I
loved some of the scriptures he shared about continuing from grace to
grace until we receive a fullness, about how we all need to know the
Lord, how our purpose is to establish Zion, and how Jesus Christ is
the author and finisher of our faith. Some good stuff in there to
study. Unfortunately, this whole weekend I've had the flu. :( It's
been AWFUL! I hate being as sick as I have been. Life is just so much
more fun when you aren't sick. Luckily, we have some awesome members
who helped a lot. Brother Parker let us come to his house for
conference and let me lay on his couch with a blanket so I could be
comfortable watching it. Best thing ever. Also, the Lyman's gave me
some essential oils which have been SO HELPFUL. I've been using a lot
of on guard haha. I've still got a really sore throat today, but I'm
feeling a lot better than I have been feeling. It's all thanks to God
and Him answering my prayers. I love God with all my heart. I love
Christ as well. Where would my life be without them? I hope you all
have the best week this week. Remember Christ and turn to Him. He has
overcome the world and with open arms invites us in to His presence.
D&C 50:40-41
Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye
must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth. Fear not, little
children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are
of them that my Father hath given me
D&C 50: 24
That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and
continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light growth
brighter and brighter until the perfect day.

Have an amazing week!

Your fellow seeker of Christ,
Elder Joshua Needles



No comments:

Post a Comment