Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, September 28, 2015

The Upside of Down!

Hello Family & Friends! Oh how I love and miss you all. Don't ever
forget it. I hope you all have had an amazing week. I had a pretty
good week this week. We are back to a normal companionship with just
two elders! I'm happy about it. I really love and appreciate Elder
Casper! He's the BEEEEST. We have had a lot of fun serving together
and some great memories have been made. I won't ever forget about this
part of my mission and I'll look back on it with fondness! This
week.... EVERY SINGLE set appointment we had cancelled on us. Every
single one. When does that happen? By the end of the week, we were
pretty exhausted because we did a lot of finding. (Lots of contacting,
Tracting or in other words knocking on doors). I used to not like
Tracting at all, but since I've been in this area I've learned to
appreciate it a lot more. I get excited when someone accepts a copy of
the Book of Mormon and reads it. This coming week is Marlon's baptism
interview. We're excited! Also, something INCREDIBLE happened this
week! Cooper (our 16 year old investigator) finished the Book of
Mormon this week! He read the WHOLE THING in a month and a half. He
also wrote a little "essay" on every single chapter about what it was
about and what he learned. What great faith and diligence! He really
enjoyed it. Hopefully he continues to progress and studies the Book of
Mormon even more. I know there is so much to learn in that book. This
week I laughed until I cried with Elder Casper because we put our legs
in the arms of our sweatshirts and our heads in the hood. It was
HILARIOUS trying to get into the sweatshirt. I could not stop
laughing. I'll include a semi embarrassing picture of this at the end
of the email. Yesterday, there was a Catholic family who got a hold of
us and wanted us to go give them a blessing. We gave one to Julie. She
has Chrome's disease and is going through a tough time. As I gave the
blessing tears streamed down her face! I know that according to our
faith blessings will work. The Lord allows miracles to happen, we just
have to have the faith for them to happen! I was so grateful for that
visit. They prayed for us afterward and it was so great. I love when
people of different religions can pray and worship together. They just
set aside their differences and find common ground with Jesus Christ.
I love Christ! He lives! He is the good shepherd and the stone of
Israel. He is my savior and redeemer. After the blessing Julie
accepted a Book of Mormon with a smile on her face. We told her it's
all about Christ and that as we rely on Him, He will be with us and
strengthen us in times such as the one she is in. Also, yesterday
Elder Casper and I watched the eclipse! The moon turned RED! It was so
awesome. I've actually never gotten the chance to clearly see a Blood
Moon and we got to last night. There were a few people who had walked
out to our apartment parking lot to see it as well. It was a cool
thing to see and experience! Look up the song, "The Upside of Down" by
Chris August. I love it! Welp, it's another Monday in the mission. I'm
still a missionary. I'm still same old Josh. I'm still alive and
breathing. I'm still excited for the day I get to see you all again.
I'm still loving serving out here in Texas. And I'm still happy. That
is, thanks to Christ. I love you all and hope your week is miraculous!
You are in my prayers!

Your Son, Brother, Soon-To-Be Uncle, Cousin, Nephew, Grandson, and Friend,

Josh Needles

P.S. Doctrine & Covenants 24:8
Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them,
for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days.




3 comments:

  1. Oh, Josh.This post made me smile. We sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Josh.This post made me smile. We sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that Scripture. That is the second time I have been told to be patient in my afflictions and trials in just the last few days. I must need to heed that. I pray for you daily Elder Josh Needles. I love you very much. Miss you too. My Mission is going pretty well. I am learning so much . I hope it will help me break down some walls in our own genealogy.

    ReplyDelete