Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, September 21, 2015

Sacrifices bring forth the blessings of Heaven

Hello Friends and Family! I love and miss you all so incredibly much!
You are ALWAYS in my prayers and I just hope that the Lord is blessing
you all with happiness and success. This week I officially hit my year
mark! My mom made a video for me, and I got to watch it at the
Wiseman's home on Thursday. Never before has a video made me so happy!
I LOVED IT SO MUCH! Thank you for everyone who was involved in that.
It definitely put a little sunshine in my soul! I'm so grateful for
all my friends and family. How could I be more blessed? This week we
have been in a tri-companionship. Elder Steele joined us for the week.
He's been out for two months and is still in the "training stage" of a
mission. It was definitely a different experience to be in a
tri-companionship! I definitely learned a lot this week from the Lord
and had some experiences that I probably will never forget. We met
with Marlon Henderson this week and he is very set on his baptism date
for October 10th. Oh how excited are we for him! The whole Ward is
excited! Also, I am probably in one of THE BEST wards in Texas. The
people here are amazing and incredibly missionary minded. On my year
mark, President Taylor showed up to our apartment unexpectedly! I
showed him the package my family had sent for my year mark and he
said, "families are just the best, aren't they?" I completely agree! I
LOVE MY FAMILY! Somehow, I've gotten used to being on a bike everyday.
It was definitely hard in the beginning, but now I'm used to it and
surprisingly don't get as tired as I ride. That doesn't mean I don't
clonk out at night when it's time for bed (cause I most definitely do)
but I am doing well! The Maseh Family from Pakistan wanted me to say
hi from them in an email! So they say hello! Haha. This week a member
in our Ward (Sister Rand) sewed our pants up and fixed any holes our
tears in them! It was so nice and we are so grateful for that,
except... The day I got them back I got onto my bike just a little bit
too fast and.... Yep.... I ripped a hole in them. Again. Lol. My
goodness it's like I'm destined to ALWAYS have some sort of hole or
tear in my pants!! Oh well! Something I really learned this week:
Sacrifice Brings forth the blessings of heaven. Remember that!
Sometimes you really just have to sacrifice, but as you do it with a
cheerful heart, blessings will follow! I know it's true! I love you
all and hope you have the best week!

Your missionary son, brother, cousin, grandson, nephew, and friend,
Josh Needles

P.S. One year down! One more to go! Below are some pics of us celebrating!





No comments:

Post a Comment