Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, September 7, 2015

Teaching Around the World

Hello Family and Friends!
I miss you all so much. I probably say that in every single email I
send, but it's only because it's true! I love and miss you all more
than you probably know! And I'm praying for each of you! I hope all is
well and that your joy is full wherever you are and whatever you're
doing.
This week was the first week of my 9th transfer! It was a pretty good
week. Unfortunately, both Elder Casper and I have been sick this week.
We both got a cold! Elder Casper definitely had a worse cold than I
did, and he is still pretty sick today. I'm feeling a lot better,
though. Even though we were sick, we didn't let it stop us from being
diligent and seeking out those who we can invite to come unto Christ
and share the Book of Mormon with. We found success! We got three new
investigators this week and taught a lot of other lessons. My heart is
always brim with joy when I rely on God and watch miracles follow. I
love when people accept the Book of Mormon and see its worth. It truly
does testify of Christ and fills my heart with joy. It can cause
anyone to rejoice! Anyway, this week I've realized that serving in
Texas, you get A LOT of different people to teach! It's like we're
teaching people around the world! We're teaching a lady named Tigi and
she is from Africa! Cleo is also from Africa and we're teaching him!
Every time we go to his house he has sweet African music playing and
his house has lots of cool African stuff in it. We are also teaching
Nora and Karin Gullin. They are from France! They moved to America
about 2 years ago. Then there is the Maseh Family. I love them to
death. They are from Pakistan. They don't speak much English, but they
have incredibly strong faith in Christ. Every time we go over, Riaz
(the father of the family) says "I love my missionary come to my
home." They speak a language called Urdu. It's always a great
experience to go over there. They love to sing for us in their
language. One time they were singing a song about Christ, and Margret
(the mother of the family) just felt the spirit so much she started
crying. It was amazing. They shared how they struggled to get to
America, but by the hand of the Lord they were able to get here. In
Pakistan, if you are Christian your last name becomes Maseh which
means Messiah. They were persecuted a lot for being Christian in
Pakistan and they are just so grateful to have come to America. We
also run into so many people who only speak Spanish. I've learned how
to contact well in Spanish and have somewhat of a conversation now
lol. I LOVE speaking Spanish. It's so fun. I really enjoy it when they
can't speak English and I have to communicate only using Spanish. It's
so fun! The Dallas 4 Ward is so amazing. They made us a package full
of candy, snacks, pictures of the Ward, pens, toothbrushes, mints,
everything! It was so awesome, and we are so grateful to be in such an
awesome Ward. Good memories are being made, living with Elder Hafen
and Elder Langford. Every night is always different, but so much fun.
We have so many mattresses in our apartment, so we put them all over
the front room and made up a game where we had to get from one side to
the other without getting tackled to the ground. And yep. You guessed
it. Elder Hafen's shoulder went right into the wall, putting a big
dent and hole in it. So last week it was a shattered window, and this
week it was a hole in the wall. LOL. Maybe we should calm it down. But
even though we are crazy sometimes, we still are able to be spiritual
and witness miracles every day! I love you all so much. Please have an
amazing week! I love you all!
Elder Joshua Needles










No comments:

Post a Comment