Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Beginning of a new transfer


Hello friends and family! I bet you're wondering if I got transferred
or not? I.... Am.... Staying! So is Elder Casper! We get to stay in
the Dallas 4th Ward together for 6 more weeks! I'm happy and excited
especially because we have upcoming baptism dates this next transfer.
This week was a good one! We set another baptism date! Marlon is being
baptized on the 10th of October! He has such a strong testimony and we
just know that he'll be baptized and make an awesome member! Funny
story... Elder Hafen and Elder Langford have come up with this sort of
"indoor soccer" game within our apartment. They were playing and
kicking the ball all over the apartment when... Elder Hafen kicked it
RIGHT INTO OUR FRONT WINDOW. And yep. You guessed it. The window
shattered! It was so funny. We have been reading the Book of Mormon as
a mission in 40 days! It's been so incredible. I LOVE the Book of
Mormon. Can I just say that I know it's true? Cause I do! It brings so
much joy, peace, and happiness into my life. One night this week we
helped the APs move all of this furniture into the pit (the pit is
where the mission keeps everything. For example: bikes, extra couches,
chairs, etc.) Unforunately we had started our mission wide fast BEFORE
we moved everything. I was sweating from head to toe and my body was
screaming for water, but I couldn't drink any because I was fasting!
It was awful, Lol. But hopefully the Lord blesses us for the sacrifice
we made! Recently I have a new found love for socks. I have gotten
lots of cool socks :) I have Texas Socks, Bike Socks, Plaid Socks,
Hamburger Socks (which I'm wearing today), Some green and yellow socks
with a SWEET LOOKING design on them, and then some green and grey
socks with stripes and stuff. Biking here still is really hard, but
sometimes we get to drive the AP's car so that's awesome. I really
like the APs. We have a lot of fun with them. All of us are staying
together another transfer which I'm excited about. Tonight, all of the
new incoming missionaries are spending the night at our apartment!
It's gonna be CRAZY! Then tomorrow night, all of the outgoing
missionaries (the ones going home) are staying the night at our
apartment. THAT MEANS ELDER O'NEAL WILL BE THERE! So excited to see
him again! Also, this transfer I will hit my year mark. I can't
believe it. Seriously. It's shocking that it's so close. I'm happy!
I'm so excited to see where everyone gets transferred to. This
transfer was apparently a crazy one. There are LOTS of people who got
doubled out. We also are getting quite a few new missionaries. Two of
them are from Idaho! #PotatoState #Idahome I miss Idaho so much, but I
love Texas too! I'm so grateful for all the Lord has blessed me with.
He really is merciful. He loves. He cares. He lives! Have an amazing
week full of miracles!
Elder Needles
Texas Dallas Mission











3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you get to stay through another transfer! You sound really happy. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you get to stay through another transfer! You sound really happy. ❤

    ReplyDelete