Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, August 10, 2015

Visits and Spring Valley Road

Hello Family and Friends! I love and miss you all so much. I hope you all know that! 
This week was great! A lot happened and it definitely wasn't boring! Story for y'all --- We were riding our bikes down Spring Valley Road which is a fairly busy road (one of the main roads in my area) and I saw a group of tree branches in the way of me up ahead. So silly me thought it would be a good idea to pummel through these branches. Welp, it was a bad idea! One of the tree branches hit my bike handle bars and made me turn my bike really quickly and fly right into Spring Valley Road face first. I fell right on the ground. I looked up and my companion didn't even see that I had literally just ate tree branches and asphalt. I got up and attempted to pull my bike back onto the sidewalk only then realizing that my back tire had completely fallen off and was dangling by the bike chain. It was scary and I definitely watch out for trees more! LOL. Also a tree branch got stuck in Elder Caspers helmet which made me laugh the whole day. Anyway, we got two new investigators this week which was great! We've been working very hard and it's paying off! On Saturday, the Martineau Family came to visit me. It was so awesome. We went to Torchy's Tacos then the LDS Bookstore. They were so kind to come all the way up to North Dallas to feed me. I love them so much! Also, ELDER EVANS IS BACK IN TEXAS! I'M SO HAPPY! Him and Lori came to feed us dinner on Saturday and he also came to some appointments with us! It was so great! I'm so glad that he came to visit! The Lord was definitely nice to me this week by sending old friends my way :) Also, it was Chris O'Neal's birthday yesterday! I was sad I couldn't be there because he is definitely one of my favorite people in the world, but I sent a gift back with the Martineaus to give him. Shout out to Whitney Hughes for having a birthday this week as well! I love you all so much! I miss you like crazy! Have an amazing week!
Elder Josh Needles

No comments:

Post a Comment