Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, July 27, 2015

Yes, I am on a bike!


First Transfer on a bike!

Hello everyone! I hope y'all had a great week!
This week has definitely been a VERY memorable week. On Tuesday we had transfer meetings and I got transferred into the Dallas 4 Ward up in North Dallas right by Richardson, Texas. This was crazy because:
1. We got doubled in (so we are BOTH new to the area) - which I have never done
2. I'm senior companion now - which I have never done
3. We are in our Mission President's ward - which is insane
4. We live with the Assistants to the President (Which is actually not that bad because the APs are Elder Hafen and Elder Langford and I love them both)
5. and last but not least.... Yes, I'm on a Bike.
It has been SO HARD to be in a bike area, but I know I'm going to learn and grow so much because of it. Also I probably will lose weight so that's a plus :)
My new companion's name is Elder Casper, and he's awesome! We get along so great and it's going to be a fun transfer with him. HE ACTUALLY COMPETED AGAINST ME IN FINALS ROUND AT STATE DRAMA IN ORIGINAL HUMOROUS!! He's from Rigby, Idaho. It's so crazy! It's been fun so far to be companions with him. 
On Saturday, we met the Richardson Family and I LOVE THEM. They are a young couple and they were so awesome to us. We sat by them in church and Sister Richardson made me a fan out of the program (because it was so hot) and get this. Brother Richardson has a beard... AND A SPIDER CRAWLED OUT OF IT IN THE MIDDLE OF SACRAMENT MEETING!!! LOL. I was shocked and just kept laughing about it.
It is SO HOT here in Texas. I'm dying from the heat. Luckily we've had a lot of very kind members who have stopped and bought us water and stuff like that.
This ward is already great and I know I'm going to love serving here :)
On Tuesday, all the departing missionaries came and stayed at our apartment the night before they went home! It was crazy! I tried not to listen to them talk about going home so it wouldn't make me trunky! LOL
It was hard to say goodbye to DeSoto and the Duncanville YSA and it was really hard to say bye to Elder O'Neal, but the Lord has been merciful and given me so many blessings since I've been here. I'm grateful for the trials I've been given. I'm going to grow so much.
I love you all more than you know. Have an amazing week!
Josh Needles

No comments:

Post a Comment