Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, August 17, 2015

Eleven Months Today

Howdy Everyone! Guess what today is?? Today marks 11 whole months
since I've been on a mission. Almost a year holy moly! Elder Hafen
gave me a camel hat to wear on my year mark. It says "hump day" on it.
Then I have to sign it and give it to someone else who's about to hit
their year mark! It's awesome. I really can't believe I've been on a
mission for that long. I've been away from all of my wonderful family
and friends for 11 months. One day I'll be saying "I can't believe
I've been on a mission for this long... I'm about to go home!" That
day seems to come faster and faster. This week was a harder week, but
that's okay. We all go through good and bad weeks, but we just have to
keep pressing forward with a steadfastness in Christ. Even though it
was a more difficult week to get through, we still saw lots of
success!! We set TWO baptism dates and got FOUR new investigators. Nia
is being baptized on the 26th of September and Cooper is being
baptized on the 3rd of October. Cooper is awesome. We gave him a Book
of Mormon to read on Wednesday and he's ALREADY through half of 2
Nephi. It's amazing! He's really determined to find the truth and I
know he will! We went to Super Chix with Josh Parker again this week
and they said "welcome back!" when we walked in. We really have become
regulars lol. This week I found out that my amazing Sister and Brother
in law are having a baby boy!!! I'm soooo excited! They are going to
be such great parents and I'm so dang excited to be an uncle. I can't
wait to meet my nephew! I never wanted them to have a kid while I was
on a mission but now that it's happening I can't wait! A week or so
ago we had zone conference and I forgot to write about it in my email!
But it was so great. Elder Hafen randomly in the middle of the
conference asked me to stand up and bear testimony of the Book of
Mormon. I just went for it and it was amazing how the spirit spoke
through me. I felt so much power and love as I testified about the
Book of Mormon. I know it's true. I love it so much. Afterwards both
President and Sister Taylor came up to me and thanked me for my
powerful testimony. It really made my day. We also met with the
Spitzenbergers this week and they are flippin' awesome! We love them
so much and they are really kind and also really funny. ALSO - Gabby
And Shawn Martineau are getting baptized on the 29th!! I'm so excited
for them and happy that they are going to be baptized. I hope I get to
go, even though it's all the way down in Duncanville. It's so DANG HOT
in Texas. Seriously, I've been dying with all the heat on a bike. But
somehow I'm surviving.
I miss you all and love you so much. I hope you have an incredible week!

Elder Josh Needles







 When I was at zone conference I shared my testimony and some thoughts about light and truth, someone said that in an email.  Made my day

Thought this might be nice for you to hear about...from another missionary's email this week - Also, just wanted you to know that what you said about 'light and truth,' and your analogy was profound for me also. 
Love, Pres. Taylor

"But here is what I learned about my vision at zone conference. Elder Needles was talking about how light is the Holy Ghost. So I now think my vision has another layer to it because to be filled with light I must be filled with the Holy Ghost."

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! This takes me back to when I served with your father. What a great man and missionary.

    ReplyDelete