Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Great Moments

Hello everyone!
I hope your 4th of July was a blast! It was great to see all the fireworks and American flags! I'm so glad to be an american!
This week was one I'll always remember from my mission. It's been such a crazy roller coaster. On a mission you just experience the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. It's really quite crazy! This week was one of those weeks.
Ruby is now being baptized on July 18th! We're very happy for her. She'll have to have her baptism interview this week, and then she'll be ready. She really has grown so much and so fast in the gospel. It inspires me to be better! 
On the 4th of July, Elder O'Neal and I bought American Flag shirts to wear at some point during the day! In the morning, we went to Duncanville to be a part of the parade! We walked and handed out cards and threw candy in the parade. It was pretty fun, but it is SO HOT here in Texas, so I was sweating bullets. After that, we went to lunch with Elder Truman and Elder Curtis. Then that night, we went to Golden Corral with the Martineau Family (and I LOVE them) and then went to see some fireworks in DeSoto. It was SO PACKED in DeSoto that we ended up just standing in a neighborhood watching the fireworks. Standing there watching the fireworks just made me realize how much I love all the people I've met, but even more how much I love my friends and family back home. DeSoto puts on a GOOD firework show! It was like a typical finale the whole way through! And then the actual finale was even better!
I hope y'all have a good week and always remember the Savior throughout. I love you all more than you know!
Elder Josh Needles








No comments:

Post a Comment