Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, June 29, 2015

Happy Fourth of July!

Hello family and friends! I miss y'all so incredibly much. I'm still hanging in there, just being a missionary.
This week was good. We ate brunch at the Smith's yesterday. We haven't done that in a while. They used to feed us brunch almost every sunday back in February and March. It was fun to go after church yesterday! They feed us waffles and eggs and fruit and sausage every time. It's "tradition" to have the new missionary that comes in to eat a waffle with peanut butter on it. I did it back in February and Elder O'Neal did it yesterday! It's actually not that bad with peanut butter on it so that's cool haha. Ruby wants to post-pone her baptism, so we will no longer be having the baptism on July 4th. Hopefully we can set a date the next time we meet with her and get her baptized within the month. She's definitely ready, she's just nervous and feels a little pressured. One thing that's important is that it is between her and God and no one else. I think it took a lot of courage to tell us that she didn't feel in her heart she is ready. Yesterday at church in the YSA a girl talked about her conversion story and it helped Ruby a lot! It was so great that that happened and perfect for Ruby. We are preparing right now as a mission to have online proselyting! It's really exciting that we will be using social media soon to share the gospel. Hopefully good things come from it. We are teaching a new member who's name is Alex. He's awesome! We have a lot of fun with him when we teach! He's planning on serving a mission in the future and is loving being LDS. He's originally from Salt Lake City and got baptized at the end of May, then he moved to Texas only a few days later. He's been a great addition to the Duncanville YSA Branch and we've loved teaching him.
I hope y'all have a good week! I'm so excited for all the fireworks on the 4th! Happy Holidays everyone!
Elder Josh Needles

No comments:

Post a Comment