Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, June 1, 2015

I'm 19


I'm 19 years old


Holy Moly guess who's not 18 anymore?? That's right ----> me!!! I had such a great week. I miss home, but I felt lots of love out here in Texas from being with so many great people for the week of my birthday.
Good news! We set another baptismal date in the YSA branch for Ruby. She's going to be baptized on July 4th. Hopefully I get to stay here another transfer so I can be here for it. I'm crossing my fingers that I get to stay with Elder O'Neal one more transfer. Transfers are NEXT WEEK already. I can't believe how fast this one went by.
On Saturday, I had such a great birthday. I was woken up early in the morning by Elder O'Neal, Elder Macaspac, and Elder Truman with SILLY STRING ALL OVER MY TIRED FACE. They recorded it and I looked like a wreck, hahaa. Regardless I was pleased to have such an exciting start to my birthday. Then my awesome companion Elder O'Neal (who truly is my BEST FRIEND out here in Texas) bought me IHOP for breakfast. He had them put "19" in whipped cream on my pancakes. It was great. We then went to the Rojas for lunch. They fed us mexican food and made me a cake that said "Happy Birthday Elder Needles." It was so kind of them. They sang me happy birthday and we had such a good time. We then went to Maria, Dolores, Judy, and Tony's place. They ALSO made me a cake which I was thrilled about. I seriously love them so much! We had a good time there then went to Texas Roadhouse with the amazing Lori. She had presents for me, and an ice cream cake, and even brought a picture of my family so they could "be there for my birthday." It was the best and I can't thank Lori enough.
The next day Elder O'Neal gave a talk in both the YSA branch and the DeSoto Ward. I talked in the YSA branch as well. His talks were AMAZING. It was also my older sister's birthday. I love Sam so much and hope she had an INCREDIBLE birthday. I got some more presents from members and got to go to the Chase's that night. They made a cake as well. I had a candle to blow out and their daughters kept taking out the candle, licking the bottom, and putting back in my piece of cake. It was really quite humorous.
All in all it was such a great birthday because of amazing people like Elder O'Neal, Lori, The Duartes, The Chases, and so many more. I'm so blessed to be here and am hoping and praying I stay for one more transfer...   FINGERS CROSSED.

Love you all!

Elder Needles


He obviously didn't get enough cake!











No comments:

Post a Comment