Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I'm staying in the HOOD!!

I've got some GOOD news! I get to stay ANOTHER transfer in DeSoto! It'll be six months in this area and I am overjoyed! I have an amazing companion, great friends in the ward, and a happy heart. I was so nervous I was leaving. I thought it might happen, but my companion (Elder O'Neal) just kept saying I wouldn't get transferred. He was right! I'm just so grateful that God is allowing me to stay longer in this area and stay with Elder O'Neal. PAAAARTAAAAAAY!
Anyway, this week was good other than the nerves that come along with transfer week as always. We had another GREAT lesson with Ruby. She is progressing so well. She is reading the Book of Mormon so quickly (even though she thinks she's taking her time with it). Maria, Dolores, and Judy came to church on Sunday and it's always such a great day when we see their faces at church. They have such a special spirit about them. They are great! We had (as a district) 21 new people come to church on Sunday! 21 NEW PEOPLE! It was definitely a miracle. Last week, we went to a member's house in the Mountain Creek Ward to do service. The lady wanted to "zone" our feet. It was so cool! She could tell things about us just by feeling the pressure and energy in our feet. She hit me spot on. She said I have allergies, that I get nervous when I feel not in control of something (like transfers), and that I need to better trust the process. (Not sure exactly what that means LOL) When she did my companion after me, she told us that we try to take each others burdens onto ourselves and help each other a lot. I thought it was super cool to get my feet zoned! 
This week we get iPads as a mission. We don't get to do Facebook right away, but eventually we will be a "Facebook Mission." I'm really excited! It will be really nice to have iPads and a lot easier to plan and teach. It's going to be AWESOME! 
This last Saturday was my INCREDIBLE sister's birthday (Megan). I hope she knows I love her and hope she had the BEST birthday. Tomorrow is my mom's birthday as well! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST MOM THAT EVER LIVED. I love you so much mom. Have an incredible birthday.
I love all of you so much. My heart is so full of love and I'm glad to have such amazing people in my life. (In Texas, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, New Zealand, New Mexico, and so many other places!) I LOVE YOU SO MUCH HAVE A GREAT WEEK.
Josh Needles






No comments:

Post a Comment