Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, April 13, 2015

2 weeks of letters!



7 Months! 



Hello everyone! Hope all is well! Miss you all a ton!
My 7 month mark is in 4 days and I can't believe it! It's crazy to think I've been out on my mission for 7 whole months now. It definitely has started to go by faster after my 6 month mark. Hopefully time really starts to fly! This week was just another typical week in DeSoto. We played volleyball with the YSA branch (but we do that a lot). We also went on exchanges with the Irving/Grand Prairie Elders. I was with Elder Evans who has become one of my best friends out here, so we had a lot of fun! Priscilla has been reading the book of mormon and is about 1/3 of the way through 2 Nephi! She loves to read (more than she likes the new member lessons) haha. We also went to the zoo last monday and it was a BLAST! I loved going! We also got 2 new investigators this week, so it was a pretty successful week :) I hope everything is great! I hope you know that you're all in my prayers and thoughts. Keep being the incredible people you are!
Elder Needles







Easter Week

Hello everyone!
I hope y'all had an amazing Easter! It was a great week and a good Easter for me (even though it was the first Easter I wasn't with my family for) Unfortunately I was sick about half of this week. I don't know why I always get sick! But I do! haha. Nyquil has been my best friend this week. 
On Saturday, there was a blood moon and I woke up super early to see it! Then we got to watch General Conference. My favorite talk was in the first session of general conference. It was Elder Bednar's talk. I LOVED the scriptures he used. (D&C 6:36, Helaman 5:12, 2 Nephi 32:20). Before Priesthood session we went to Oak Cliff to have dinner with some YSA members (Trevor and Seth). We had chicken and waffles! It was literally a waffle, with fried chicken on top of it, with gravy on top of all of it, then syrup to top it off. IT WAS SO GOOD. Anyway, we were eating outside and some guy asked for two dollars then we contacted him. Then we went back to Seth's apartment and watched priesthood session of general conference. On sunday we went to the Walker's to watch the first session on sunday with Priscilla, Rose, and Tim. They fed us lunch and it was super good! Then for dinner we went to the Chase Family's home. I love that family. They are so great! I also found out they are related to someone I went to high school with! We hid easter eggs and watched the kids go on an easter egg hunt. It was a great way to spend Easter! I hope everything is going great for y'all! Have a great week!
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment