Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, December 21, 2014

A message from mom

I don't normally do this but this week of Josh's mission was a very special one for me. I was able to participate is Josh's baptism. A few month's back Faye text messaged me and introduced herself. Let's just say that was the first day of a forever friendship. We have become such good friends. I have watched her testimony grow and flourish over the last few months. We message each other daily and  speak on the phone every once in awhile. She has been a genuine friend to me and my son. Tim and I believe that she came into josh's life to help all of us with this transition of mission life. She has been like a mom to Josh helping him through his homesickness. Faye and her husband have welcomed Josh and his companions into their home. 
I know that Faye will be blessed for her commitment to our Heavenly Father and his restored gospel. She is such a wonderful friend and example to me.  
Anyway, since we have become such good friends, Faye received permission for me to see the baptism via facetime!! It was so cool to be a part of her beautiful day. Thanks Faye for sharing it with me. And thanks for scrolling the phone so that I could get a glimpse of my awesome son!

4 Days Ya'll and I get to talk to my TEXAN!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!! Is that her husband getting baptized as well? I'm so happy for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, That is Brother Yeager, the one that baptized me. :) We are working on my husband. Everyone does things at their own pace. :)

      Delete
  2. Jenny, you are too sweet. Not sweet enough to crop my fat tho in my pics....ha ha ha. But you my friend are an example to me. You are the one with encouragement and advice and have made an impact on my life as well, along with Josh. I'm just glad for both of you two and it's been wonderful to get to know the other family members as well. I can't wait to meet you in person and hope we can always be forever friends. Love you alot.

    ReplyDelete