Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween Week!!!!

Hello everyone! I hope your Halloween was awesome. Mine was pretty good. My companion and I went to a total of 5 Halloween parties. haha. yeah, we're party animals. There've been so many great moments and sometimes I forget to say them. Here's one I forgot to say last week: There is a lady in our ward who we didn't normally go see. One night, we didn't have much to do so we decided we'd just stop by her house. We parked outside then said "Well, what are we going to teach?" We knew she had been feeling sick the past couple of weeks, so we said maybe we'll give her a blessing. We went over how to give a blessing and prepared ourselves for that just in case. When we knocked on the door she answered and got very excited. She said she'd been praying today that God would send her someone to give her a blessing because she has a big decision to make for a surgery coming up. It was such a cool experience and God's hand was definitely apparent in that situation. On Sunday, our investigator (Zack) bore his testimony and said he wants to be baptized. We were jumping in our seats. He also has AN AMAZING voice. He played guitar and sang for us and I got the chills. He is so good. My companion has been teaching me guitar. Right now, I can play Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World and Already Home by A Great Big World. There is a family with a son named Aryan. He is two years old and was born with a crushed windpipe. He can't really talk and has a trake (I don't know how to spell that) but he is a bundle of joy. I love going to meet with him and I've learned quite a bit of sign language. Every time we come to see them he shakes our hand then says "pray" in sign language. I love meeting with them.
I hope everyone is having an awesome week! I miss you all! Have a good one!
Elder Needles



1 comment:

  1. Hi, Josh:) happy to hear things are going well. I enjoy reading your posts and hearing all about your mission. Hugs, Aunt Deb
    PS... it's spelled trach :)

    ReplyDelete