Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, April 25, 2016

Suffer the children to come to Me

Dear Family & Friends,

It's P Day again! I'm so happy to email all of you! This week was
AMAZING! We had so many spiritual moments that will last in my memory
for a lifetime. I love serving here in Gilmer 2 Ward. It's just
incredible what is going on here. We just are running around teaching!
We teach so much. It's so great.

On Monday, we were trying to figure out how we are going to have the
baptism this weekend for Ariell. We could no longer do it on Saturday,
because we would be going to Dallas for a meeting with Lawrence
Corbridge of the Seventy. We called her family and asked if Friday
night would be possible for them. They said it was fine! We were so
relieved because we really wanted to be there for Ariell's Baptism.
The next day, something crazy happened! We split up with members of
the Ward on Tuesday night in order to teach all of the appointments we
had scheduled. Elder Holst went to see Ariell and I went to see
Jessica & Brandon. Brandon is Jessica's 9 year old son. He is a huge
reason Ariell felt so comfortable getting baptized. They ride the same
bus to school and Brandon once accidentally dropped a Book of Mormon.
Well, Ariell saw it and asked him where he got the Book. He told her
"The Missionaries gave it to me. I'm getting baptized." Ariell was so
excited after that. I ended up sharing that with Jessica and Brandon.
Jessica wasn't going to be ready for baptism like we had planned, but
Brandon was. The spirit impressed me to ask if Brandon would want to
get baptized the following Friday with Ariell. He said yes and his mom
thought it was a good idea! I couldn't believe it! Not often does a 9
year old join the church without the rest of his family. But he was
ready and wanted to do it, so we went for it! There is something truly
special about Brandon. He is an exemplary little boy. We ended up also
convincing Jessica to sing at the baptism! She got pretty excited
about it, and she wanted to sing "Amazing Grace."

Friday was the day of the baptism. We taught a lot of people
throughout the day and prepared for the baptism that night. We set up
the chairs and the room, filled up the Baptismal Font, and got all of
the baptismal clothing together. Brandon & Jessica arrived first so we
got Brandon ready to go. Ariell came shortly after. I was honored to
baptize Brandon, and Ariell's step father was going to baptize her. We
were able to have Elder Westover Skype in to watch the baptism as
well! It was a really good baptismal service. The spirit was very
strong there, and Ariell & Brandon had huge smiles on their faces.
Ariell was trying to hide it, but she couldn't. She's so funny. She's
pretty shy and won't talk to you unless she's pretty comfortable
around you. She was just so happy.

The next day, we traveled to Dallas for the Meeting with Lawrence
Corbridge! It was exciting because the whole mission was there! There
were so many people to see and say hi to it was ridiculous! Elder
Hansen was there, Elder Casper sat by me at the meeting, Elder
Westover was there, and so many more missionaries! Lawrence Corbridge
was a very intelligent speaker. He talked about how it takes little to
no faith to believe that there is a God. It was smart and very
interesting. I was intrigued for most of the meeting. On the way back
from the meeting, we were able to eat at Panda Express! I MISS IT SO
MUCH! Haha! I was glad we were able to eat somewhere we normally
wouldn't be able to in Gilmer.

Sunday, Brandon & Ariell were confirmed and received the Gift of the
Holy Ghost. It was a great feeling. They were both, again, smiling
from ear to ear. It was a good ending to an amazing week in Gilmer.
I'm so grateful to be serving here. I'm grateful for my friends and my
amazing family. I love each of you so much. Keep pushing forward.
Christ is with you. He will strengthen you. I know He's there!

2 more weeks until Mother's Day.

I love you all.

Elder Joshua Needles





No comments:

Post a Comment