Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, February 1, 2016

Craziest week of crazy weeks!


Dear Family & Friends,

OH MY GOODNESS THIS WEEK WAS CRAZIER THAN LAST WEEK! So, a lot
happened. I received so many blessings from God this week, though, so
I'm still happy as can be!

On Monday Night, I received a call from the assistants that they
wanted me to attend Mission Leadership Council on Wednesday! Elder
Kenworthy and I had already planned on going to Dallas the day before
for an appointment Elder Kenworthy had, so we decided to stay in
Dallas on Tuesday and stay the night so I could go to Mission
Leadership Council.

So we drove up on Tuesday! We got to Elder Kenworthy's appointment and
surprisingly Sister Tatro and her daughter from the DeSoto Ward were
there!! I was so happy to see them! I served in their Ward for 6
months and actually taught their daughter the discussions before she
was baptized! It was such a great reunion. Then that night, at the
assistants apartment, there were a lot of people staying there so I
got to see a lot of people I love! Like Elder Truman, Elder Ahmad, and
so many more! It was so much fun! We had a blast, and I hadn't seen
that many missionaries together in a long time. Where we serve, you
are just too far away from any other missionaries to see them! So it's
pretty much just you and your companion! Mission Leadership Council
was SO MUCH FUN! Over half of my MTC District was there. Sister
Taylor, Sister Jones, Sister Skousen, Elder Hasson,  and myself! I
love them all so much! It was so great to see them and get to talk to
them! I also saw people like Elder McAllister and Sister Weichers.
What a fun day! We got back into Athens that night and went to sleep,
knowing we had to be up really early to travel to Tyler for a Zone
Meeting. Zone Meeting was great. We put together really good trainings
from Mission Leadership Council and trained on that. In the beginning,
I was just sitting there when Elder Jones, Elder Hafen (a different
one than the one I always used to talk about), and Elder White asked
me to last minute sing a song with them! It was so much fun singing
again! I sang the Tenor part and I was really nervous it was going to
sound so bad because I hadn't practiced once with them, but I did it
and it turned out well! After the meeting, most of us went to
Stanley's BBQ in Tyler! I LOVE THAT PLACE SO MUCH. It's seriously
amazing. It was fun being with the zone. I enjoy everyone in my zone!

Friday, we drove back to Palestine and we finally got to teach Dave
the first New Member Lesson! It was great to see him. He is just on
cloud nine after being baptized! It fills me with joy seeing people so
happy from embracing the gospel. The next day, we went to Sister
Palmer's and Ruby had made us food! She is so kind! That day, though,
unfortunately my companion made the decision that he wanted to go
home! :( I was so sad! He needed to make the decision though. And I
think it was probably best for him to go home right now :/ SO, we
drove BACK to Dallas! I can't believe two of my companions have gone
home this transfer! I'm really not sure what's going to happen to me!
But, it's a blessing I got to go to Dallas, because I was able to
attend the Dallas 4th Ward for church!! That was the Ward I served in
last! It was so good to see everyone again! Such a huge blessing! That
day, Elder Hanson and I took Elder Kenworthy to the airport. His mom
met us there and he was off! Then, President Taylor told me he wants
me to serve with Assistants until he can figure out what to do next!
So right now I'm awkwardly in the Dallas 1st YSA AND Palestine AND
Athens! Haha! It's been fun serving with Elder Hanson & Elder Lindsay,
though. We all came on our missions together at the same time! It's
been fun! So right now, I'm waiting to hear the news! Last night, we
got to eat at the Farmer's home in Dallas 4th Ward! That was so
awesome! I love that family! They got on Facebook to show me a video
and saw Kristin Callis on my mom's Facebook page! Turns out, they know
who she is! They were like "WE KNOW HER!" They knew her from living in
Utah when they were both young couples. I had to tell them she passed
away, and they were sad to hear that. It's a small world, though! We
just found out we're having ANOTHER Mission Leadership Council today!
Yes! On P-DAY! So we essentially don't have P Day today :/ But it's
okay! We're out here to serve the Lord! On that note, I found out that
my mission has been extended a week. I no longer go home September
14th, but September 21st! This happened because of a change in the
MTC!

You'd think through all of this I would get really down, but I'm not
down! I'm actually really happy! It's so great. It's all because of
the Lord. I love God! I love Christ! It's been the craziest week of
the crazy weeks, but God continues to bless me! :) I'm still a
missionary and I still love and miss each of you. I hope you all have
an amazing week! You're in my prayers!

Sincerely,
Elder Joshua Needles







No comments:

Post a Comment