Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas

My Family & Friends! CHRISTMAS IS THIS FRIDAY I REPEAT CHRISTMAS IS
THIS FRIDAY! What in the world I'm so excited. I LOVE Christmas.
Celebrating Christ's Birth brings such a spirit that is undeniably
real. I love it! And I also love all of you, so much!
So quite a few things happened this last week. For one, I hit 15 whole
months on my mission. Can you say crazy? I've been serving for that
long! My 15 month mark was great! We went to a pizza buffet with
Brother Hyink, we taught a GREAT lesson with one of our investigators
(David), and the best part of all... that night we drove into Dallas! It was so weird to see Dallas after being out in East Texas for so
long! But I loved it! We went right back to my last area! (Dallas 4).
It was so awesome. We got to spend the night at my old apartment too,
with my mission son! Elder Hansen! Elder Hafen was there too, which
made me happy! I've missed those guys. It was so good to see them
again. It was also so great to be around my last area. I had so many
memories on every corner! The next morning we had a Christmas
Specialized Training! The zones that went on that day were Tyler Zone
(that's us), Heath Zone, and Gilmer Zone. Which meant I got to see
Elder Westover and Sister Awerkamp! They are two of my missionary
friends way back when I was in the beginning of my mission. It was
GRAND to see them. After the training, we got to do something REALLY
fun! We went to the mission home and had a party! It was so great. We
did a white elephant gift exchange. I ended up with a head massager!
Lol! Elder Parry (My missionary companion) opened a jar of rotten
bananas! Gross! I felt bad for him, but he eventually got rid of them!
(Now that was luck). So he ended up with a candle! Lol. We then had
music, 12 days of Christmas Texas Dallas Mission style, and the
nativity! I was a narrator for the nativity. Elder Parry ended up
singing in the 12 days of Christmas! It was a blast! President and
Sister Taylor are truly amazing. They made it so much fun. They are an
amazing example of what pure charity is. After the party, Elder Parry
and I of course ate at Panda Express because there isn't one in East
Texas. Then we got the BEST opportunity to go to the Dallas Temple and
do an endowment session. By happenstance, Sister Awerkamp got
permission and ended up at THE SAME session as us! It was such a
blessing! It was a great session, and was sad to say goodbye to Sister
Awerkamp, because she goes home in 2 weeks. I even saw some of the
Dallas 4 Ward Members in the Temple! Like Sister Hale! Whom I love! It
was so great. Afterward, Elder Parry and I of course ate at Chick Fil
A because there isn't one here where we are in East Texas. Then we
took the long drive back to Palestine! So you can definitely say that
was one of the best days of the transfer!
The transfer actually ends in 2 weeks. I'm not sure what will happen!
My guess, is that Elder Parry and I will stay together another
transfer, but you truly never know! We just both want to stay, because
Dave Davis and Ruby Bennett are both being baptized on January 9th!
We're so excited for them both!
This week I had my favorite Tex Mex. (Mexican food Texas style). It's
a place called JalapeƱo Tree! Oh my goodness it was so good! I loved
it. We went with an awesome member (Tim Brewer) and I probably ate too
much lol. It just tasted so good! Texas has got some AMAZING food.
Also, there are some good cooks here too. Ruby (our Investigator who
is getting baptized on January 9th) made us some AMAZING food. It was
so amazing.
This Friday is Christmas which means I get to Skype with my family.
I'm so excited! I'm also excited because next Christmas I'll be home
for! This is my last Christmas on the mission. How exciting!
I love you all so much and hope you have the best Christmas.
"Through the years we all will be together if the fates allow... And
have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas now."
Merry Christmas, I love you all.
Elder Joshua Needles







No comments:

Post a Comment