Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Hark The Herald Angels Sing!


Dear Family and Friends,
What's happening?! I miss you all so much! I love you all as well. I'm
so excited I get to email all of you today. It's always so much fun to
email all the people I love every week. Makes me happy.
This week was good! We had a lot of success and saw a lot of miracles!
On Monday through Thursday, we went out with a member who was always
really nervous to do missionary work. He loved it! He had so much fun
doing missionary work and he really broke out of his shell! It was
awesome to watch happen! He's a crazy driver, though. So I was hoping
and praying we didn't get in a car wreck haha. I'm convinced he looked
at the road in front of him only 30 percent of the time we were
driving. Haha. He's a funny guy. He always says, "MAAAAAAN!" Then
snaps his finger when something goes wrong.
This last week we set three new baptism dates! Carlos, Wanda, and
Dave! We're so blessed to be serving here where the work is going so
well. It's sometimes hard being in East Texas, because you really
don't have anyone to talk to or interact with. All the Missionaries
are so far away so you never see them! Sometimes it can feel lonely,
but it sure does help me notice God's hand in my life more and truly
turn to Him!
Elder Parry and I jam out to the Pentatonix Christmas Album all the
time! Hark! The Herald Angels Sing is so fun to listen to! I just love
Christmas time so much! Everything is so great!
This week we went to this member's home. (By the way, East Texas has
some very interesting people... And that includes members). He invited
us over so we could share a message with him. We could not find his
house forever! We drove for 30 minutes trying to find his place! When
we finally found it, all of the lights were off... I was kind of
nervous, so we decided to call him to make sure he was home and okay
for us to still come. He said "Well if all the lights are off, then
it's not my house." At this point, Elder Parry was 100 percent sure it
was his house so it was weird to hear him say that. I was talking to
him on the phone, and I told him I'd get out of the car to go look at
the address. When I was getting out, he said "Oh! Elder! That's my
crazy neighbor's house! Get out of there fast, they will get out a gun
and shoot you!" At this point I freaked out, jumped in the car, and
drove away as fast as I could. My heart was racing. The member had
hung up on us, then called us back laughing because it WAS in fact his
house and he WAS in fact trying to scare me. He found it very
humorous. Haha. Not the best experience for me. Elder Parry was a
little freaked out to, because this member is kind of a creepy person
to begin with. Haha.
Driving in East Texas is scary sometimes! I've almost hit THREE deer
now! They are all over the place! I just have to be careful while
driving. They also have a wild hog problem out here. There are so many
wild hogs! They are scary too! So aggressive! Haha.
On Saturday, we went to lunch with a member in the Athens Ward. (He
drove all the way to Palestine to go with us to lunch). And it was a
lot of fun! His name is Tim Brewer. He's a crazy man, but he loves
musicals so I get along with him great! Haha. We went to a really good
Chinese Buffet. I love Chinese food! It was a lot of fun.
I'm excited for the Athens Ward Party this Saturday. Everyone is
wearing ugly Christmas sweaters. I've already got mine. ;)
I hope you all are having an amazing Christmas Season! Remember that
Christ is the ultimate gift! #ASaviorIsBorn
Love you all!
Elder Joshua Needles



No comments:

Post a Comment