Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Goodbye Desoto :(


Goodbye, DeSoto and Duncanville YSA

This morning I got the unfortunate news that I'll be leaving DeSoto and be transferred somewhere new... I'm going to miss it here SO MUCH! I have so many great memories here and it's going to be really hard to say goodbye to all of the people I've grown to love in this area. It's also going to be hard to get a new companion, because I LOVE ELDER O'NEAL. He has been the best companion ever and I have so many good memories with him. He's the most Christ-like person I've met on the mission and I just know when he goes home in September he will be so successful and happy. I'll be here in Texas cheering him on as he starts that new chapter in his life and I'm sure we'll be life-long friends.
I have some of the best memories of my life here in DeSoto. Being companions with Elder Smith, and meeting some of the best friends I've ever had like Elder Evans, Sister Hughes, Sister Awerkamp, Elder O'Neal, Elder Smith, and so many more. Meeting the Duarte Family and getting the opportunity to teach Dolores and baptize her. Meeting Priscilla and teaching her and becoming great friends with her. Meeting the Chase Family who have helped me SO MUCH on my mission with happiness and having a good time. Meeting the Martineaus and having them zone my feet. Teaching Ruby and getting to see her be baptized. EVERYONE IN THE YSA BRANCH WHO I LOVE SO MUCH. The Honeycutts, Sappingtons, Rousseaus, Tatros, aaaaaaah just everyone! I'm going to miss it so much! But I hope that wherever I go and whoever I'm with will be right and I'll find just as much happiness as I have found here.
On Saturday, we got the opportunity to watch Ruby be baptized. I'm so honored to have been able to teach her. She is truly incredible and inspiring and I know she'll go so far in life.
At the end of this next transfer, I'll be right on the verge of my hump day! (Year Mark, Halfway Done, Done with all my "firsts") It's crazy that I've made it this far. Hopefully it continues to fly by like this last transfer did. This has got to be the fastest a transfer has gone by. It feels like just yesterday when we were celebrating the fact that I got to stay another transfer! 
The first week with a new companion is always hard, so hopefully I can push through it and really get into my new area with ease.
I love and miss you all. Keep having the time of your lives! I'll try to do the same :)
-Josh Needles














No comments:

Post a Comment