Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, March 2, 2015

Snow and Ice!



Hello everyone!
This week has been crazy slow because of how much we had to stay in the apartment from bad weather! We weren't allowed to drive Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday... that gave us three days out of the week to do something! It was crazy haha. I never thought I'd see so much ice and snow in Texas. It's all melted now and I think it'll stay that way, though. So on Thursday, institute was canceled because of the weather, but that was one of our "we can drive" days, so we invited a few investigators and members of the YSA branch to come play volleyball with us. Rose, Priscilla, Bryan, Anna, Joyma, and George came. Then members of the Irving ward and the Irving missionaries came as well. It was a lot of fun! It was cool to see Rose out doing fun things, because she has a lot of health issues that keep her from being able to do lots. Bryan (one of our investigators) had a blast as well. He's hilarious and a lot of fun to be around. Tonight for FHE we're playing a game called Murder in the Dark... I've never played it so it'll definitely be new! Hopefully it's fun! haha. On Sunday, we went to the Chase's house and they invited two of the people we played volleyball with. The guy's name was Vinny, and he out of the blue asked for my mom's number and called her! He just talked to her for a little bit and told her that I'm doing great. It was awesome because I could hear my mom's voice faintly. There was one guy this week who was ranting to us about reasons he hates white people. I felt awkward! But I gained his trust and he ended up hugging me by the end of the visit. He said to his family, "Look! I'm hugging a white boy!" Some of the places here I'm surprised that I can sit comfortably in. Some people's houses are just a scary environment. I was thinking about it last night and I thought "If Megan or Sam were here they'd probably be scared out of their minds." Well I hope y'all have an amazing week! Break a leg with the musical Rocky!! You'll do awesome - wish I could be there.
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment