Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Unexpected Happpenings



Hey Everyone! I miss y'all!Sorry I'm emailing later today, we weren't allowed to leave our apartment for a while because of a storm! EVERYTHING IS FROZEN. I couldn't open the car door it was so frozen haha. When it freezes in Dallas -- It FREEZES in Dallas. Nobody is out, everyone here is home and I'm not surprised.On Sunday, I got asked to talk in sacrament meeting.... while sacrament meeting was in progress. They literally said, "We're going to ask Elder Needles to speak right now because the person who was supposed to speak is sick." So I had to go up right then and give a talk. It was definitely unexpected, but it worked out just fine.We also got asked to teach a class that morning too, so that was unexpected, and then I got asked to play piano at a zone conference TOMORROW. I was supposed to learn a piano piece by tomorrow and play it at the conference with everyone. Luckily, the storm came, so they are rescheduling it so I have a little more time to practice. Hopefully I'm able to do it.We had the "Ice Day Olympics" today. It really was just a competition against the whole mission doing things that can be done inside of the apartment. WE WON. Out of the whole mission! It was pretty cool.I'm really beginning to like the missionaries I'm with now. We are getting along well.On Tuesday, an assistant to the President came with me and my companion in our area. His name is Elder Schroepell. He is hilarious! We had a lot of fun.I hope y'all had a good week. Thanks for always emailing :)Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment