Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Hey everyone! Happy P-Day! It's been a pretty good week. I got to go on an exchange and go to a Spanish speaking area with Elder Mikesell! It was a really cool experience. Elder Mikesell is also one of my favorite missionaries out here. He's such a cool guy and so it was good to do something new with him. I thought I knew a little bit of Spanish, but when I went on this exchange I realized just how much I DON'T know, haha. Mainly all I could say was mucho gusto and Soy Elder Needles. It got boring after a while not knowing what people were talking about, haha. But it was a much needed exchange and I'm glad I got to do that. On Saturday, my companion and I were tracting in the rain. It was super cold. This lady got really freaked out when we knocked on her door. Apparently she had just moved in and didn't know why two men dressed in black were knocking on her door at 8 PM. She didn't answer and ran and got in her car. After we were done, she chased us down in her car, honking and swerving and yelling at us to stop. When we stopped she asked who we were and looked like she was hyperventilating. When we told her we are missionaries she looked like she felt dumb for freaking out, haha. So we went and bought her Cinnamon Rolls and left them and a book of Mormon on her doorstep apologizing for giving her a heart attack. So we had three investigators drop us this week (That was not fun at all). And one of our investigators HAD to be at church this week in order to get baptized and he didn't show because of the Cowboys game. AND THE COWBOYS LOST... So it wasn't the best Sunday for anyone. Especially my companion because he's an avid Cowboys fan. Anyway, hope y'all have a good week! Thanks for reading and emailing me! Love ya!
JOSH



No comments:

Post a Comment