Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Happy December everyone! I'm so excited for the Christmas season. I hope everyone else is as well! Here's some moments of my Thanksgiving week that I feel are noteworthy to share.
         For Thanksgiving, we went to the Robisons! They fed us so freaking well. There was a ton of food and it was REALLY good. I was pretty full after haha. I didn't even have enough room for pumpkin pie. Faye and her kids came over to the Robisons as well. The Robisons have a Great Dane named Tiny (Ironic, right?) and Fayes son, Noah, loved the dog. That's all he wanted to do so I spent a lot of time playing with a Great Dane named Tiny on Thanksgiving haha.
        On Wednesday, Zack had his baptism interview! It was announced at church that he'll be baptized this Saturday at one! (noon for most of you guys - or as the Texans would say it "most of ya'll) We're really excited for him and he's also excited to be baptized. Faye's baptism interview is tonight. She seems a little nervous but we know she'll qualify for baptism without a doubt.
         One night I was walking through the hallway of my apartment and a HUMUNGOUS spider ran right by my foot. It took a while to actually kill it because it was huge. We later found out that it was a wolf spider. The bugs here are huge and there are a ton of them haha.
          You're probably wondering why the title of this email is "Don't Worry - I still love Dr. Pepper." Well, let me explain. The zone leaders went to lunch one day with one of their recent converts named Hannah. They noticed that she was downing Dr. Pepper and found that she (like I) had a love for that soda hahaa. They were aware that I drink Dr. Pepper all the time and that I love it too, so they said "We know a missionary that could drink more Dr. Pepper than you in a meal." Long story short I was at Buffalo Wild Wings sitting across from a girl named Hannah about to begin a Dr. Pepper drinking contest. I DRANK SO MUCH DR. PEPPER. I got really sick and full. I hardly even ate any food. I felt like I was going to puke and I had to pee so bad (which by the way was against the rules - we couldn't go to the bathroom until after the meal). In the end I won by drinking three more glasses than she did. I didn't drink any Dr. Pepper for the rest of that day, but my love for the soda still remains. :)
            I love you all and hope you all had a fun Thanksgiving and Black Friday! Keep me in mind throughout the week (:

JOSH

Elder Needles found his dream car!


Merry Christmas from Whitehouse, TX



Happy Turkey Day!

3 comments:

  1. Josh, I can't believe you drank all that Dr pepper. I would probably be soda pop cured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never had made it through the meal. I have to go to the bathroom after to glasses of soda. I just don't know how you did it. Glad you still like Dr. Pepper. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I missed the home made meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several kids in my family are addicted to Dr. Pepper, as well. They will love hearing about this story! Congrats on your Dr. Pepper win! Looks like you are doing real well Josh. It's nice to read your missionary adventures. Keep up the good work! Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete