Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, October 13, 2014

P-DAY!

It's P-Day again and I'm so excited to email everyone! So much has happened since my last email! After I emailed everyone we went and played disc golf for P-Day. It was really fun! I definitely lost though. I got to go to Dallas on Tuesday! It's huge! I love it! We watched "Meet the Mormons" as a whole mission. It was really good. It made me laugh a lot in the beginning, but also got me homesick at the end when it follows the life of a missionary and his mom. Go see it! I loved watching it. I also got to see all of my MTC friends again which was awesome. Only two people are being trained out east and I'm one of them, and Elder Marshall is the other. Everyone else is close by each other in Dallas. I love it here though. I'm so glad this is my first area. We tracted into quite a few people and they have become incredible investigators! The spirit is SO strong whenever we quote the first vision. On Thursday, I met a man named Michael. It was the scariest night of my mission so far. He twisted my arm and I thought he was going to break it. He mentioned how he can taze me, mace me, break my arm, shoot me with his guns, and beat me up. He also told me I'm going to be a terrible missionary because I have no "skills." He is a very prideful man and I was as nice to him as I could be. At the end of the lesson he told me I have potential unlike other missionaries so that was nice I guess. I just wanted to leave haha. We are going to drop him because he was about to be baptized, but ended up threatening the bishop like he did me. Hopefully I only have to meet with him once more. But, there have been two more huge storms. I wake up in the middle of the night with huge cracks of thunder and it scares me every time haha. I'm really enjoying my mission though. Friday nights suck because it's football night. NOBODY IS HOME THEY ARE ALL AT THE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME. Football is so much bigger here than it is in Idaho. It's awesome haha. I love some of the people here though. The Robisons are still my favorite though haha. We're helping one of our investigators quit smoking. She's been through a lot in her life. Hopefully she can do this, then she'll be able to get baptized like she wants to be. Two of my favorite scriptures I've found recently are Alma 26:12 and 2 Nephi 22:2. Look them up! They're great scriptures! Well I miss you all and hope everything is well! Oh, and they have mcchickens AND spicy mcchickens here. I'm so happy. Have a good week everyone!



 Elder Needles learning
a new sport! Disc Golf!
Go TATER!

3 comments:

  1. Crazy investigator! So glad he is feeling less homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful out there Josh. Not everyone is teachable. I am glad yoou are a little less homesick too. Sounds lie you are making good friends and good contacts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work Elder Needles. Very proud of you and grateful for your service. Don't ever forget the value of hard work as the Lord blesses us after we do our part. We all miss you.

    Love,
    Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete