Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Saturday, September 20, 2014

First Letter!!! Yippee!

Hey family! I don't have much time so this letter might not be very long, because it isn't my P-day, but we get to write a little bit today. Just so you know, my P-day in the MTC is NOT Monday. It's Thursday so we don't get one for almost another week. I miss everyone so much. I got a few letters and the chips and "Salsa con queso." My companion is Elder Douglas (The guy we found on instagram and I sent a message to and he didn't reply) (Also if you want to find him again his first name is Matt). He's really nice and we seem to get along pretty well. I sent some pictures through my camera. Let me know if it worked! The first thing I saw when I walked into my room was a pile of Dr. Pepper. The four new missionaries were put with two older ones and one of the older ones had the Dr. Pepper. We hadn't met them until around ten the first night, but he offered me one so that was cool. I don't know if this is the email you want me to be sending to, so I'll also send it to your "92" email and your gmail. Let me know which email you'd like me to send to. There are A LOT of rules here and it's difficult to keep up sometimes. I'm tired all of the time, but I am trying to stay positive. My companion and I were assigned the Zone Leaders on the second day. We're training right now, and we will lead our district along with two others. I like my district a lot. We all get along well and seem to enjoy each other. I'm excited for more letters and for Wednesday when all of the new missionaries arrive. All the older missionaries seem to be a lot more mature already, even after a week. I miss everyone a lot. All of you and Bryan, Kara, and Brianna. I saw Laurie Wolfley, Dylan Jaques, Taylor Paskett, Shelbi Cambron, Mallory Kooyman (Alisa's sister), and Nick Goff. It's nice to see people from high school, I just wish I could see my good friends. I got a top bunk in my room and our room is a complete mess because of the older missionaries. We got a room report that said "unacceptable." It definitely wasn't any of the new missionaries fault though so I don't feel that guilty about it. I eat a lot here but I'm also running again with my companion so that's good. I wish I could run with Bryan still though, because we kept about the same pace when we ran together. I am pretty sure I can call you when I get to the airport so I'll do that. I don't have the letters with me right now so I'm not sure what other questions you asked but I'll answer them on Thursday when I get to write again. I miss you all so much and love you. Thanks for the letters and emails and packages. It helps me push through. Love you, talk to you on Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Josh, congratulations on being district manager! You have always been such a good role model for so many people that it didn't surprise me at all. I've watched you grow up from a distance and can say that I am proud of you, too. Of course your mother and grandmother make sure we keep posted on all you kids. You will be a wonderful missionary. I am very excited for you. You said you were tired. That doesn't surprise me either. "Spiritual things" can be very draining. Think of Joseph Smith and his experiences, and surely what Pres. Monson and his apostles go through. I think of all the examples of prophets in the BOM that were tired, yet strengthened in their work. You can be reassured that when you are in the service of the Lord, he will strengthen you and lengthen your stride. It be a wonderful experience to watch you become! Always in my prayers.

    Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Elder Needles,

    Thanks for the little note you sent to me. It meant a lot to me that you would do that even though you are so busy. I'm glad you got a Dr. Pepper. Bet it made your day. Congrats on being made a district manager. You are a born leader. Remember the Lord will strengthen you and bless you while you are in his service. He loves you and I love you. Keep up the good work and your faith

    Love. Grandma

    ReplyDelete