Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Saturday, May 20, 2017

ONE MORE WEEK! SEPTEMBER 12, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

Hey! How's it going? I miss you all so much you have no idea! I'm so
excited to see you all again in just a little over a week! I'M SO
EXCITED! This is my last full week as a full-time proselyting
missionary! It's so incredibly bittersweet! I feel like I'm being
pulled in a million different directions! One day I'm so sad and the
next I'm so excited and happy! I can't even explain it. I'm going to
be so sad to leave my mission. I love it so much.

This last week was pretty great! We had a lot of great things happen
and a lot of awesome memories! Monday night was... well insane! We
stayed the night in Paris because we were having District Meeting the
next day. Remind me to tell y'all about it when I get home! The night
ended with me throwing up so it definitely was memorable! Haha! (Don't
worry I'm not sick). It was a blast though! We had District Meeting
the next day and it was so much fun. I really just love our District.
We have such amazing people in our District and I'm so grateful I get
to end my mission around these great people. That day I got my papers
that had my itinerary for my last day in the mission and also my
flight plans home. It was the weirdest feeling opening them up.

We saw a lot of people this week and found a lot of new investigators.
We're so blessed to be serving in Hugo because the work is going so
well! This last week was the first time EVER for the Hugo Branch to
meet in their building in Hugo! It was so exciting for everyone. On
Wednesday, we went and helped clean the building and we had a cool
miracle. We were outside and I saw a lady walking down the road! The
thought came to me, "Go talk to her!" So we did! She was very kind and
gave us her contact information! We went by to teach her and it was
such a great lesson! The spirit was really strong. I didn't think much
of it and we had invited her to attend church with us, but didn't
expect her to come. Well she showed up! My jaw dropped it was so
exciting! I'm grateful the Lord put us in the right place and that we
followed a prompting from the spirit. We also saw Ta again this week
and she is so excited for her baptism on October 1st. Unfortunately,
she didn't come to church so we have to move her date back, but she is
so excited regardless.

Thursday was great. We ate dinner with the Pergande Family and it was
a ton of fun! They are so awesome. They took us on a drive around
their property through the woods and stuff and it was so fun! They
have a waterfall on their property! It made me really want to go
camping again. Friday we taught a ton! We went on exchanges with the
assistants. I went with Elder Mahy for the day and we taught so many
people. We also got 7 new investigators just that day! Crazy stuff! We
went to a place in Hugo called Buffalo Grill for dinner and I had a
Bison Burger and oh my it was SO GOOD.

We were able to teach some great lessons and set some baptism dates!
We had a really good week. It was amazing to go to church with the
Hugo Branch for the first time. Everyone was so excited! We were too!
I'm just so grateful to have been serving here right now. There are so
many great people that I have met who I just love!

I can't believe this is my last full week. I need to make the most of
it! I love the Lord. I love my mission! I'm so excited to see you all
again. Please know that I love you more than you know. Pray that I
have a great week and go out with a bang! I'll email once more next
week then I'm home bound! Love you!

Elder Joshua Needles

No comments:

Post a Comment