Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Saturday, May 20, 2017

God Be With You 8/29/19

Dear Friends & Family,

This week was incredible. Seriously, one of the best weeks of my
mission. I love serving so much. I'm so grateful the Lord put me where
I am for my last transfer. I've made so many amazing memories,
especially this week. I really hope all of you had a great week as
well. I pray that you continue to have good weeks!

Monday last week was a lot of fun. We mainly just played basketball
for like 3 hours but it was so much fun. I enjoy being with the
missionaries in my zone. I seriously love them all. So whatever we're
doing I'm always having a blast! We had to drive all the way back to
Hugo afterward. We stopped in Paris to eat at Panda Express for
dinner, then we got back to Hugo in time to teach one of our
investigators (Poly). Then our week began and I had no idea it would
turn out so great.

Tuesday we went over to Ruth's and taught her. It was her "make it or
break it lesson" because her baptism is scheduled for the 3rd. It went
SO well! The Lord has prepared her and helped her be ready. We were so
happy by the end of it and we were able to set her baptism interview
up for Friday! We also taught Vicki this week and I always enjoy
seeing her. She gave us a referral! The lady's name is Ta! We went
over to Ta's on Thursday and our visit was AMAZING! She is so
prepared. She felt the spirit so strong it was incredible. We quoted
the first vision to her and invited her to pay attention to the
feelings she gets as she listens to the words of Joseph Smith the
Prophet. She said she got the chills! She was so receptive and we set
a baptism date with her and her daughter for October 1! It was one of
my favorite lessons on my mission. I'm so glad we were able to teach
her and she is so excited for the 1st of October!

We also taught Mary this week and she's doing better. We read the Book
of Mormon with her and it's amazing how the Book of Mormon can soften
the hearts of people. She wants to read more about the Prophet
Abinidi! We saw Kevin as well, and he is still progressing toward his
baptism on the 24th of September! Aaaagh we're so blessed to be
serving here in Hugo! We taught Scotty this week too and his sister
came to church on Sunday telling us that Scotty is wanting to go to
church! SCOTTY WANTS TO GO TO CHURCH THAT'S SO EXCITING! The Branch
President told us that he has been a little different since we got
here and started teaching him. I really hope Scotty keeps progressing.
He's already read through Alma in the Book of Mormon which is so
awesome!

Thursday night we drove to Paris to stay the night there, because we
had a Zone Meeting the next day! We were there and so were the Mt
Pleasant Elders and the Idabel Elders. We had a really fun night! I
love all the missionaries in our zone so much. Zone Meeting was also
really fun and pretty crazy. I got to see so many missionaries I love
to death then... at the end of Zone Meeting Elder Holst and I were
asked to bear our testimonies about our mission. When a missionary is
about to go home it's sort of tradition to have them bear testimony
then sing "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" to them. I've watched
it over and over again as missionaries went home and I never thought
the day would come when it would be me! Well, it came! I stood up
there with Elder Holst looking at all of these people I love as they
sang the song to us. I didn't cry thank goodness haha. After Zone
Meeting, Elder Lazenby went and got us some pizza for lunch so we, as
a zone, ate some pizza at the church and it was so much fun.
Afterward, Elder Nixon & Elder McCrite came up to Hugo with us so that
Elder Nixon could give Ruth her baptism interview. I LOVE Elder Nixon
& Elder McCrite. The interview went well with Ruth and she is now
ready to go for this coming Saturday! SO DANG EXCITED! Elder Nixon and
Elder McCrite went to dinner with us and we taught one of our
investigators (Tess) then we did exchanges that night.

I got talking to Elder Nixon that night and so many things were going
through my head. I just realized how blessed I am to be surrounded by
such amazing missionaries and people. I am excited to go home but I
almost don't want to leave haha. I'll definitely miss weeks like
these.

Saturday we taught so much and it was a blast! Then, we went to church
on Sunday. We had 5 investigators come and we got HUGE news this week!
HUGO IS GETTING A PLACE TO MEET IN FINALLY! The papers are all signed
and we will finally be able to meet in Hugo on September 11th! This
little branch is so excited! Everyone is just on fire, with getting
their own missionaries, and with the church building finally being
ready. I really think the work is going to explode here! It already
has! We taught 26 lessons this week and found 12 new investigators! WE
ARE SO DANG BLESSED IT'S RIDICULOUS! I love my mission so much.

Welp, there you have it. Another great week here in the Texas Dallas
Mission! I can't believe the transfer is halfway over! I will be
coming home in about 3 weeks... Wow... Thank you for all of your
emails and support. I wouldn't have made it this far if the Lord
hadn't worked through y'all to lift me and support me. I love God and
all He has done for us. I love you all as well! Have an amazing week
and God be with you!

Elder Joshua Needles






No comments:

Post a Comment