Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Saturday, May 20, 2017

The Beginning of the End August 8, 2016

Dear Family & Friends,

I hope you all are doing great! Thank you for all of the emails! I
love hearing from each of you! I am excited about this email because
it marks the beginning of the end! I am now going into my last
transfer as a missionary! I only have six more weeks. I can't believe
it! Well, we did get transfer calls this morning, and unfortunately
I'm leaving Gilmer for my last transfer! :( I'm so sad to leave Gilmer
it's been my favorite place to serve! I will never forget all of the
amazing people here and all of the incredible memories I have made.
Tomorrow I'll be traveling up to.... OKLAHOMA! I'm opening up a new
area in our mission. I'll be serving in Hugo, Oklahoma! My new
companion will be... I don't know yet! Haha! I'm going to be training
a new missionary so I will meet him tomorrow in Dallas. I'm excited to
train for my last transfer.

This last week was a good week. We were able to teach Belinda and she
has been doing really well. I really think she'll get baptized for
sure. She's got a sincere heart and really wants to know the truth.
It's been so awesome to teach her and I'm excited for her to continue
to grow in the gospel. We were also able to see Jami and prepare her
for her trip to the Temple on Saturday. We were able to take her and
it was a great experience. Wendy and Little John came too. Brother
Pilcher drove us and it was a blast! We had a ton of fun going to the
Temple. On the way back, we stopped at a Tex-Mex Restaurant and ate
some good food! Memories were definitely made this last weekend. We
saw Zack and we also saw Jan this last week and they were both doing
really well. I love teaching both of them it's always so much fun! On
Friday, we were able to do a little exchange with the Mt Pleasant
Elders. I accidentally left my suit pants in Paris the last time we
had Zone Meeting, so I had them deliver them to me! They came to
dinner with us and we ate at Bishop Sullivan's home. It's always a
blast when we go there. They are such an amazing family and I'm so
glad I've gotten to meet them. What great people.

Sunday was a good day. It was fast and testimony meeting so I went up
and bore my testimony. I felt like I was leaving Gilmer (and I was
right) so I went up and told them all how much I love and appreciate
them. There were several members who went up and mentioned how they
don't want me to be transferred and I just really realized how much I
love these people. They are amazing and I'm so sad to leave them. That
night we ate at the Potter's home and it was a blast as usual. I love
the Potter Family.

Well I have so many memories that I'll never forget from here in
Gilmer. So many amazing people -> Bishop, His Family, Aber, Meagan,
Brandon, Belinda, Pam, Jan, The Ibarras, Zack, Brother Spencer,
Brother Pilcher, the Stephens, Cherri, Wendy, John, Lily, and so many
more! I'm sad to leave but excited for the memories to be made ahead.
I will always love Gilmer!

I hope y'all have an amazing week! Wish me luck as I open up Hugo, Oklahoma!

Elder Joshua Needles

P.S. See you in six weeks!







No comments:

Post a Comment