Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Friday, September 9, 2016

22 MONTHS JULY 18, 2016


Dear Family & Friends,


I hope you all had an amazing week this week! I miss all of you more
than you probably know. Seriously. I can't wait till I get to see each
of you again!



This week I officially hit my 22 month mark. It's been a good 22
months out here in Texas. I can't believe I only have 2 months left.
I'm so excited! I'm doing my best to stay focused on the work
regardless. It was a pretty good week. Lots of good stuff happened!
Monday night, we were able to go teach Lilly and Don Adcock. Lilly
recently moved into our ward and she's a recent convert. I actually
baptized her in May when she get baptized in Gilmer 3rd Ward! Her
husband Don is still not a member. We're glad to have them in our
ward. Lilly is pretty crazy and likes to have a lot of fun. When we
went, we brought a member with us and they all hit it off pretty well.
We were able to teach Don as well and he told us that he would read
from the Book of Mormon! The rest of that night was preparation for
Interviews with the mission president the next day. Interviews are
always exciting to have! The meeting can be sort of stressful, though.
As Zone Leaders, we were in charge of the whole meeting (which lasted
6 hours). It was fun to put it all together though and the meeting
turned out pretty well. We had a really good time as a zone together
so I'd say it was pretty successful. My interview with President
Taylor was awesome. We have the best mission president in the world
I'm convinced. It was my last interview with him before my exit
interview which was weird. We talked about when I go home a little bit
and it's really starting to hit me that it's coming up pretty fast.



The next day was pretty great. It's really hot here in Texas right
now! SO HOT! Well, a member needed us to mow their lawn for them and
the only time we were available to do it was right at noon when it was
the hottest, haha. It was good though. I like being out in the sun and
I still haven't gotten a sun burn this summer which for me is a huge
success. Later that night we met with Zack at the Family History
Center so he could look up some names to take to the Temple. When he
got there he said, "Hey I have work off on Saturday. Do you think we
could go to the Temple?" We were excited when he said that and somehow
it all fell into place! He found some names to take which was awesome
then the next morning we took him to Bishop Sullivan's home so he
could have his Temple Recommend Interview.



Later that night we were able to go visit Cherri and her family which
was a blast as always. Cherri is really amazing. She has so much real
intent and wants to keep learning. She has really been starting to
come back a lot more and it's so much fun to have them at church. She
told me she wants to be able to go to the a Temple before I leave!
That'd be so awesome! We also were able to teach Jan! JAN IS THE BEST.
Jan is just the best because she always keeps commitments. She also
has just embraced the restored gospel in her life. She is going to the
Temple this coming Saturday and she's very excited. We can't wait!



Friday was a slower day. We didn't have much to do so we were doing a
lot of finding. We unfortunately kept going to addresses listed that
don't exist or are apparently impossible to find. It gets a little
frustrating sometimes when you have a hard time finding people but
it's all apart of the work. We know that as we stay diligent that we
will be blessed! We actually were blessed with a lot this week anyway
which was awesome. We set two new baptism dates! One with Jacob and
one with Michael! We're so excited for them!



On Saturday, we went to the Temple with Brother Spencer and Zack! It
was a really good experience for him and for me. It was the first time
I was actually doing the baptizing for the dead. The spirit you feel
in the Temple is undeniable. I love the Temple so much. I feel so much
peace when I go there and I always am so pleased after I leave. We
went and ate at Chik Fil A which was SO AWESOME. I just love eating at
places I love haha. I'm also super grateful for Brother Spencer. He
has driven more miles for us than any other member I've met on my
mission! Sunday was great because Cherri and her family came to church
again. It made us so happy! We also had a good rest of the night and
now we are here today! Happy P-Day everyone!





I love you all so much. Please don't ever forget it! I think about all
of you a lot and how grateful I am for each of you. You're in me
prayers!



Elder Joshua Needles








No comments:

Post a Comment