Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Eternal Memories


Dear Family & Friends,

How was your week? I love and miss each of you so much! I'm so glad I
get to say that I have each of you in my life! Makes me so happy!

This week was so great! The week flew by because we were so incredibly
busy! We were blessed to be able to teach 31 lessons this week! That's
so awesome! I feel so blessed. We also were able to set another
baptism date! So we have 13 people we are helping get baptized right
now! It's been so much fun!

On Monday, we were able to do some fun stuff for P-DAY! We were able
to go to a member in the Gilmer 3 Ward with Sister Thompson & Sister
Howell to feed some cows and go on a hay ride! It was a blast! Except
for there was no hay on the hay ride! Haha! It was still fun and we're
so grateful for those members for making our Preparation Day fun! On
Tuesday, we had one of the most memorable lessons I've ever had on my
mission. It was heart breaking. It was with our Investigator, Aber,
who has a baptism date for April 1st. We taught the Word of Wisdom and
she just kept saying she could not give up coffee. We knew it wasn't a
huge thing and that she could do it. She eventually stopped everyone
(The Bishop and his wife were there, her best friend Brenna was there,
and our Investigator Edwin was there) and she said this: "I've read,
I've prayed, and I got my answer. It's not true." Everyone was silent
for a good 30 seconds. I didn't know what to say. It was seriously
heart breaking because she had been doing so well and we have loved
teaching her. It ended and I just wanted to throw myself against a
wall. I was so sad! Well, we didn't want to give up on her. The
Sisters were having a baptism this week, so we last minute invited
Aber to go. The Bishop's Wife, Sister Sullivan, picked her up and she
came! That night we called her and she told us that she felt something
at the baptism and that she wants to be baptized! I COULDN'T BREATHE I
WAS SO HAPPY! Elder Westover and I were jumping and dancing and
yelling we were so happy! It was one of those unforgettable memories!

Thursday was an important day for us. We had a lot of important
lessons to help people progress. We had a lesson with Meagan. We are
currently planning a wedding for her and her husband so she can be
married before her baptism on April 9th! The lesson went great! Meagan
has been one of my very favorite people to teach on my mission. She
really is progressing so well and she doesn't make me feel stressed
about it! So awesome! Later, we split up so Elder Westover could go
teach Edwin and I could got teach Brandon & Jessica. We both had plans
to go over the baptism interview questions with them. Jessica &
Brandon are totally ready! I'm so excited about it. They just need to
come to church one more time before their baptism on the 26th! Edwin
went well as well! We still need to work through some things with him,
but we're so excited for him to be baptized on the 26th too!

Saturday was a pretty special day! One of Elder Westover's past
companions was getting married in the Dallas Temple and we got
permission to go! Well, we got their a bit early so we were able to go
to another sealing with some members in the 3rd Ward. It was my first
time seeing a sealing happen. The kids were there and it was
incredibly special. There were a lot of tears! Then, we got to go to
Elder Westover's companion's sealing! President Taylor came as well
and it was just as special! I really loved seeing the power of
Godliness manifest in the ordinances. We were able to eat Panda
Express in Dallas that day as well so I was overjoyed, haha.

The weather was really bad this week, so one of the days we went to
this place we had never been before in this area. Well, the roads were
awful! So awful to the point of tons of mud! We were so scared we were
going to get stuck... And well, we did. But only for about 20 seconds!
I was scared out of my mind! I DID NOT want to get stuck in the mud!
We luckily got out of there and survived, haha.

Church was great on Sunday! 7 of our investigators came! We also were
able to teach a new investigator Sunday night. Her name is Jessi and
her baptism date is April 30! We're excited for her and excited to
help her get to that point!

Well, I hope each of you had an amazing week and have another amazing
one. I love each of you and pray for you daily. You help me keep
going. Remember Jesus. He's there.

Sincerely,
Elder Joshua Needles



















No comments:

Post a Comment