Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Monday, February 29, 2016

Leaping through the year!

Dear Family & Friends,

How are you all doing? I miss you all so much! I hope you had an
amazing week! My week was great this week! We had a lot of success and
a lot of fun!

This week we met a lot with one of our investigators (Jessica)! It's
been so great teaching her and her family! We taught her the Word of
Wisdom this week and she's now quitting smoking! It must be so
difficult to quit smoking! I can't imagine how hard that would be!
She's doing great, though. One night we promised her that if she read
a chapter from the Book of Mormon, that the next day she would see
Christ's hand in her life! Well, she did it and the next day when we
talked to her she said Christ was with her because she hadn't smoked
once the whole day long! It made me so happy! I was jumping up and
down excited!

On Thursday, we were able to go on a ROAAAD TRIP! There are two new
Elders in our zone and they didn't have a mattress to sleep on! So we
drove to Longview to pick up a mattress, then drove all the way up to
DeQueen Arkansas! It was the first time I've left the state of Texas
in 17 months! It was really exciting and a lot of fun, haha! We drove
through Oklahoma as well. I felt cool and like I was traveling! It
made me excited to travel after my mission! When we got to DeQueen we
asked the elders if there was anything else we could do for them...
They told us they needed a dresser and that it was in Idabel
Oklahoma... So we had to drive an hour back to Idabel, then an hour
back to DeQueen, then ALL THE WAY back to Gilmer! Needless to say I
was ready to get out of the car. It was a long day!

On Saturday, we did a lot of service for members! We went to Brother
Alldredge's again (the one with the pet goat named Rex) and it was a
lot of fun! His son kicked a soccer ball right into the goat and we
died laughing! It was so hilarious! Poor goat!

This week I was able to try fried catfish for the first time! I was
surprised with how much I liked it! I normally don't like fish, but
fried catfish is actually not bad at all! Sister Howell & Sister
Thompson also heart attacked our door this week! Haha! It was awesome
to come home to! We live really close to the sisters so we see them
quite often. Sister Howell makes really good smoothies so we have her
make us smoothies all the time!

Today we have to work on Stake President Report. Every month the Zone
Leaders send in a report to the Stake President and have a meeting in
which they talk about how the month went in the Stake. Well, our
meeting is tomorrow! So we have a lot to do today! So that's what I'll
be doing most of today.

We also set quite a few baptism dates this week! We currently have 10
people who are getting baptized within the next month or so. It's
exciting! Great things are going on here in Gilmer. I honestly really
like the ward here and love how much missionary work there is! I'm so
blessed to be serving here!

This last week was my Brother and my Dad's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY
DAD AND SCOTT I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH! It was also my cousin
Kaitlynd's and I believe today is my cousin Beverlie's! I could be
wrong but oh well if I am! Happy Birthday to you all!

I love you all so much and I still can't wait for the day I get to see
you again. Please know that I miss each of you every day. I love you!

Happy Leap Day!

One of Your Serving Missionaries,
Elder Joshua Needles










No comments:

Post a Comment