Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

I GO HOME THIS YEAR!

Dearest Family and Friends!

I love and miss you all so much!! HAPPY NEW YEEEEAAR! 2016 is going to
be such a great year! I go home this year! It's so weird to be able to
say that! Crazy stuff! This week is the beginning of a new transfer.
And the news... Elder Parry and I are BOTH staying here in Palestine
and Athens. How exciting! We're so excited to start another transfer
together. Great things will happen.

Like this Saturday is Dave and Ruby's Baptisms! We're so excited for
them! Dave gave us a scare this last week and almost backed out, but
he prayed on it and felt that it is the right thing for him to do!
We're so glad they've both made the choice to be baptized! What a
great day it will be!

We had a good week this last week. The holidays make it hard sometimes
to do missionary work, but we did our best given the circumstances! We
went to Tim Brewer's home on New Year's Eve and it was a lot of fun!
He made us steak (heavenly) and we had a great time eating there.

On Tuesday, Elder Ezzell (my mission trainer) came to visit me! It was
so good to see him! We ate at JalapeƱo Tree (which I love). He's been
home for a long time so it was crazy to see him! I'm glad I got too,
though.

We had our last district meeting of the transfer on the first. It was
a great meeting! I talked about eternal marriage because Elder Miles
is going home! Lol. We also made New Year's Resolutions and goals. One
of my goals is to finish The New Testament and The Pearl of Great
Price by the end of my mission. (Possibly even the Old Testament as
well we'll just have to see).

We drove back to Palestine on Friday and had a lesson with Dave. Ruby
also made us food this weekend and it was SO GOOD! SO GOOD! Elder
Jones and Elder White drove up for her baptism interview. (Typically
the District Leader does baptism interviews, but because I'm the
District Leader and it's my Investigator, one of the zone leaders has
to do the interview). So Elder Jones is one of our zone leaders and he
gave her the interview! It was great! I love Elder Jones and Elder
White! They're so awesome and it was a lot of fun seeing them.
Especially because we are in the middle of nowhere and see NO
missionaries. It was great to see some for a change :)

One day this week, Elder Parry filled a box full of trash and thought
he could carry it out to the dumpster all on his own... Well the box
broke and old food went all over the sidewalk! It was hilarious! (But
not fun to clean up, I had to help with that lol).

On Sunday, we started getting plans solidified for the baptismal
service. We are just so happy and excited. It will be Elder Parry's
first time on his mission having a baptism! It's fun to see younger
missionaries get so excited when we see success! It motivates you!

Well, I am still a missionary... But the difference now is that I can
say I go home this year! How excited I am to see my family and friends
again. You all mean the world to me. Never forget it.

Your Missionary Friend,
Elder Joshua Needles





No comments:

Post a Comment