Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." Alma 29:9

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

OFFICIALLY A TEXAN!

Elder Needles is officially in Texas!!!! 

Josh arrived in Dallas Monday morning. The call from the airport was bitter-sweet. He sounded so good but at the end it was difficult for both of us to say goodbye. Tim was not able to talk with him because he was on his own flight for work. That was hard on Tim and Josh.  He admitted that he is homesick, but that he would be okay. I worried about him all day. A friend in Boise was on his flight and sent a message to me saying that Josh looked great! That was comforting.
He spent 2 days in Dallas for meetings and then he was off to his new home in Whitehouse, Texas. Population 8,000. It is 10 minutes from Tyler, Texas. The population there is 96,000.   His trainer and new companion is Elder Ezzell. I don't know anything else about him at this point. I received this nice text from a ward member of  Josh's who happen to be the ward mission leaders.


Hi Jenny,
This is Sister Robison. We are happy to have your son living in our ward. He was in our home last night giving him experience teaching about the Restoration. He did a great job and we are so happy to have him here. We will send pictures soon. We see them weekly! He wanted you to know his address. He is well. I have a daughter serving in the San Jose California mission. I miss her so much! It means the world to me to hear of members taking care of her. I am the early morning seminary teacher and we are also ward missionaries. So we will see him every week. So I will be happy to pass along greetings! He mentioned he was a little homesick the day he arrived in Dallas but he feels good being here now with his companion and is ready to work. Great attitude!


How grateful I was to receive this message tonight. I miss him terribly but feel so at peace at the same time. Please send Josh lots of encouragement. He needs it!  Here is his current address....

Elder Joshua Needles
214 Memory Lane
Whitehouse, Texas 75791

Elder Needles and Elder Ezzell
New Missionaries with President and Sister Taylor in front of the Dallas Temple


1 comment: